Holding a package at Will Call BEFORE first delivery attempt

iggy0747

Does anyone know if it's possible to have a package held at will call at my local hub before the 1st attempt? Here's the tracking number: 1Z8W19E40241159029

It's probably at worldship now, but going to the West Chester, Pa hub before local delivery on Monday. I'm thinking if it's there either later tonight or early tomorrow I could pick it up before it gets delivered. From what I've read a 1st delivery attempt needs to be made, but in my case not gonna happen tomorrow.

I'm fine getting it delivered on Monday, it would just be nice to have it tomorrow.

Thanks!!

ikoi62

the first delivery attempt has to be made to do a will call.
or call the shipper and have them do a intercept on the package and do a will call.
But you will NOT be able to get it tomorrow

iggy0747

How do you do it all the time? And Yes I've been doubtful about getting it tomorrow, since it's almost here and all haha. And doubt contacting the shipper will work, from amazon. Thanks for the info!!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

This would depend upon whether it is coming in with the rest of the air Saturday morning by plane or if it is on a trailer. If it is coming in by plane it may be possible to get it tomorrow--if it is in loaded on a trailer you are out of luck.

Your best bet would be to wait until Monday.

iggy0747

I did, they told me to sign up for UPS My Ship account and I could take care it. They failed to tell me I needed to wait until the 1st delivery. So no worries. Monday it is I suppose. And of course it may not even get to the hub until tomorrow afternoon after customer service is closed or on Sun. at some point.

menotyou

bella amicizia
No need for the 1st attempt. You can hold any package you want. Try googling the location for a number. You be amazed what little clue the 800# has. Management would love to have you pick up your 'stop'. Seriously.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I'll give it a try, can't hurt. I'm sure the manager and driver would love to not have that 30lb 55" tall box on the route.

I'm afraid you would be wasting your time. The earliest you could get it if you put it on hold would be Monday morning. Just let us do our jobs and you will have your package on Monday.

menotyou

bella amicizia
If he can get ahold of someone tonite, a p/up time can be arranged for tomorrow. I have met many customers at the center after returning from the airport. And, yes. They were ground packages.

iggy0747

Can't find the number, just gonna let the system do what it's best at doing. I've seen that the customer center is closed tomorrow anyway. Thanks for the tips anyway.

S

splozi

This thread is supposed to be over but I'm late to the party. I ended up sleeping all Friday to make up for lack of sleep during the week.

The people at the 800# will NOT will-call a package for you prior to the first delivery, ever. Also, most merchants like amazon, newegg, etc will not be bothered to will-call it post-shipping.

I do it all the time though because I'm an employee and have direct access to the people who work there. As a regular customer, you could have done it too if you were able to get ahold of someone at the center. And if the customer counter was open on Saturday...

Ours is, but it closes at noon. Who the hell wakes up before noon on a Saturday?

menotyou

bella amicizia
This thread is supposed to be over but I'm late to the party. I ended up sleeping all Friday to make up for lack of sleep during the week.

The people at the 800# will NOT will-call a package for you prior to the first delivery, ever. Also, most merchants like amazon, newegg, etc will not be bothered to will-call it post-shipping.

I do it all the time though because I'm an employee and have direct access to the people who work there. As a regular customer, you could have done it too if you were able to get ahold of someone at the center. And if the customer counter was open on Saturday...

Ours is, but it closes at noon. Who the hell wakes up before noon on a Saturday?
You? :rofl: