Holiday Cash???

fedexnyc

I have been with Express for 21 years.Every time a holiday fell on my day off i got the chance to take another day in the future.Now i am being told that I cant get that extra day and i was paid for it instead.Does anyone know if this is allowed.Ready to call HR.Thanks

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I have been with Express for 21 years.Every time a holiday fell on my day off i got the chance to take another day in the future.Now i am being told that I cant get that extra day and i was paid for it instead.Does anyone know if this is allowed.Ready to call HR.Thanks

Yes, it's allowed.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Your manager is lying.

Yeah I know, hard to believe but.......

Rhoderunner

Policy was changed, it is at the managers discretion to allow or not....so in other words NO. This was a hot topic around vacation bidding time because of the 4th of July

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

Who do you think HR will back? Answering "fedexnyc" is wrong. You have just been "Fredded" out of your time off.

The solution? Call-in sick.

Purple no more

Why is answering me wrong???Thanks for the responses.Between this and the new fmla policy its time to get out of this job
I feel ya Bro... The changes that have been made, mando 4x10, working Sunday, crappy pay increases, made me pull the plug after 21 years. There are better jobs out there, look. Until then you have a secure gig, just drink heavily...

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!

Yes, you can subject to management approval and following whatever the rule is for requesting it. If all else fails, don't spend the holiday pay and take an LWOP for whatever day you were wanting.