Holiday pay and the sort...

lelianna

I'm in small sort and I have a few questions about pay. I have not hit my year yet and I was wondering what the pay was if I worked a holiday. Time and a half or double time? I know it would be triple time after I reached my year seniority, but before then I'm confused. I have been told different things by several people.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
you worked a holiday you *should* get time and a half. What region are you in? Your local supplement probably has the answer. We get 1.5x here for working a holiday to my knowledge.

Once you hit 1 year, you get "double time and a half" --4 hours straight time for holiday and 1.5x for hours worked.

lelianna

I'm in Louisville KY. The one thing everyone has said in harmony was that after I hit my year I will be making triple time on the holidays I work, but before my year half have said 1 1/2 and the other half had said double.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
I'm in Louisville KY. The one thing everyone has said in harmony was that after I hit my year I will be making triple time on the holidays I work, but before my year half have said 1 1/2 and the other half had said double.

sorry, I can't find the language for your region regarding holidays. If you are in the southern region (i'm not sure if you are), Holidays pay is probably defined under Article 60, however the contract online does not show the language. I suggest talking to a union representative and asking them.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I'm in small sort and I have a few questions about pay. I have not hit my year yet and I was wondering what the pay was if I worked a holiday. Time and a half or double time? I know it would be triple time after I reached my year seniority, but before then I'm confused. I have been told different things by several people.

Welcome to Brown Cafe leliaanna. Hope you enjoy your interchanges here and look forward to your future posts.
I believe you will get your answer here but it is always best to refer to your local supplement since this stipulation can vary from one area to another.