holiday pay for pt sups

drewed

Shankman
So around our building we didnt get our holiday pay on this check,since we re in an air center most of us worked the holidays and have about 40hrs paid. Last year we got paid thanksgiving the following check and its always been on the next pay check after a holiday.
Just wondering if this is islolated to our payroll or is it nation wide?

smf0605

So around our building we didnt get our holiday pay on this check,since we re in an air center most of us worked the holidays and have about 40hrs paid. Last year we got paid thanksgiving the following check and its always been on the next pay check after a holiday.
Just wondering if this is islolated to our payroll or is it nation wide?

That is true. Your check that you get on the 26th is cut before the holiday. There isn't really a way to know exactly who will be working so it has to go on your check after the fact, which is the check that you will get on the 15th.

drewed

Shankman
But the check Im getting tomorrow doesnt have it on it, i wouldnt normally care about it immediately but its like 250 bucks and xmas is coming

drewed

Shankman
lol exactly one of our managers said hed put out an inquiry to payroll and wed find out tues...im gonna be pissed bc theyre gonna say theyll put it on the next check

It's sad. Up until last peak, the DMs would hand out the Christmas checks in person to the PT Supes in the building. I thought this was standard practice everywhere. The DM would walk around during the preload, shake hands, and thank each PT Supe for their work. I was pissed off when I had to tell my PT Supes last peak that it was included in their direct depost... no paper check, no handshake from the DM. I guess that's the way UPS goes these days.

Hell... they're probably trying to carry over the cash until they can close the 2008 books. You might not see the money until 2009.

sdf6hr2

It's sad. Up until last peak, the DMs would hand out the Christmas checks in person to the PT Supes in the building. I thought this was standard practice everywhere. The DM would walk around during the preload, shake hands, and thank each PT Supe for their work. I was pissed off when I had to tell my PT Supes last peak that it was included in their direct depost... no paper check, no handshake from the DM. I guess that's the way UPS goes.

i remember it used to be this way at Grade Ln. (sdf before worldport). it seems like it changed when the p/t sups stopped getting paid a flat monthly rate and getting monthly checks. (i hear) their x-mas bonus checks amounted to an extra months pay. it was indeed hand delivered by hand with a shake by mgmt. at DM level, if not higher.

although i'm not in mgmt., i always thought that was a nice touch.

looking back, this must have been some sort of ups holiday tradition (along w/ actual, edible turkeys), because it just seemed so out of place to have a fully suited tie out among the op in middle of the busiest nights pulling sups. away from their haz-mats and can shifts to shake and thank for the first and only time since the previous year.

it wasn't much but you could some of the newer sups. did appreciate it.

W

westsideworma

drewed they're probably deferring it until after the new year for the new pay structure. That way (due to our new calculated "overtime") it's less :wink2:

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
you will have plenty of time to figure that all out Christmas Day & Christmas Eve when your working all alone in there Superman!!!

W

westsideworma

question drewed, do you think they can really do that? lol (what I was joking about in a previous post) I mean we worked those hours under the old pay system and a lot of our OT/etc. will post after the new year. It will be paid out at a lower rate (no premium time/OT). I think thats bunk (if they do it, and it sounds like something they'd do).

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
question drewed, do you think they can really do that? lol (what I was joking about in a previous post) I mean we worked those hours under the old pay system and a lot of our OT/etc. will post after the new year. It will be paid out at a lower rate (no premium time/OT). I think thats bunk (if they do it, and it sounds like something they'd do).

sups dont have contracts