Holiday Pay question

ez123

After punching in this morning some people were given the choice to go home since we were overstaffed after holidays. I chose to go home because how much times does that happen, but now I am wondering if this effects my holiday pay since you have to work the day before and day after. I was only on the clock for a couple min. Will I still get my holiday pay?

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
After punching in this morning some people were given the choice to go home since we were overstaffed after holidays. I chose to go home because how much times does that happen, but now I am wondering if this effects my holiday pay since you have to work the day before and day after. I was only on the clock for a couple min. Will I still get my holiday pay?
That depends. Past practice in my building is you have to have 30 minutes of work for the day to count as a day worked.
But in my local, you only need to work any two days in a week to get holiday pay.

Cementups

Box Monkey
As I recently found out since I was not paid for Thanksgiving since I'm off on disability, you have to work a certain number of days prior to the holiday to be eligible.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
As I recently found out since I was not paid for Thanksgiving since I'm off on disability, you have to work a certain number of days prior to the holiday to be eligible.
I believe it is 2 days during the week of the holiday. So if OP worked the last 2 days he should qualify.

Cementups

Box Monkey
I thought that is what I read. I am not 100% sure though. Let me see if I can dig it up.

It's supplemental it turns out. Here in Central PA you have to have worked within 15 days of the holiday. So it could be different where you are.

And yes, I did look that up to verify it. ;)

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
It's supplemental it turns out. Here in Central PA you have to have worked within 15 days of the holiday. So it could be different where you are.
Yep, I just pulled up the supplement here and it says worked 2 days in the week. The differences across the country always amaze me.

DOK

No such rule here, must be a regional thing.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!

And yes, I did look that up to verify it. ;)

It is a supplement issue.

In the Central, it is either the day before or the day after, or unless the absence is mutually agreed to.

UPS asking an employee to take the day off, or the day before and the day after the holiday, is a mutually agreed to absence and does not negate holiday pay.