Holidays for Tu-Sa

SLW

This should've just been part of my other post, but I guess it's too late to edit. I'm on a Tuesday-Saturday schedule in the Atlantic Region. I hadn't thought about it until now, but since we miss all the Monday observed holidays, are we just screwed? I definitely didn't get paid for them.

Sorry about all the questions. I want to talk to my center shop stewards but they're EAMs and don't answer the phone.

542thruNthru

This should've just been part of my other post, but I guess it's too late to edit. I'm on a Tuesday-Saturday schedule in the Atlantic Region. I hadn't thought about it until now, but since we miss all the Monday observed holidays, are we just screwed? I definitely didn't get paid for them.

Sorry about all the questions. I want to talk to my center shop stewards but they're EAMs and don't answer the phone.

Why didn't you get paid for the holiday?

If you’ve been at UPS for more than 30 days, you should get 1 1/2 times your pay for Tuesday, instead of getting holiday off. You also had to of worked the Sat before holiday, and the Tues. after holiday.
No one here can truly answer your question without first reading the master agreement. Then the union is divided into local supplement, that of course is different. Do you see how the union is fractured? Divided?

Last edited:
Just an FYI, driver helpers are currently being offered $21.00 an hour. If you’re smart you try to become a helper and quit loading. The less loaders, the more drivers have to load their own trucks. It’s a win-win for you. Driver helpers make more than new drivers.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member

You get an extra day's pay at straight time for Monday.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
No that must be your local supplement.
He's in the Atlantic, that's how we do it:
Any regular employee who does not work on the holiday, but who has worked ninety (90) hours (forty-five (45) hours for part-time employees) in the thirty (30) consecutive workdays immediately preceding the holiday shall be entitled to eight (8) hours pay at the straight time hourly rate for such holiday

He's in the Atlantic, that's how we do it:
Any regular employee who does not work on the holiday, but who has worked ninety (90) hours (forty-five (45) hours for part-time employees) in the thirty (30) consecutive workdays immediately preceding the holiday shall be entitled to eight (8) hours pay at the straight time hourly rate for such holiday

That’s not what your supplement states, you’ve edited it. No PT is getting 8 hours of paid holidays.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture

Do you have a year's worth of seniority yet?
Are you full time or part time?

Last edited:

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Do you have a year's worth of seniority yet?
Are you full time or part time?
There's that too:
The following named holidays, or the days observed as such shall be recognized as legal holidays: New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, day after Thanksgiving, Christmas Day and December 31. Seniority employees shall be eligible for the above named holidays after the employee's seniority date and twelve (12) months

SLW

There's that too:
The following named holidays, or the days observed as such shall be recognized as legal holidays: New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, day after Thanksgiving, Christmas Day and December 31. Seniority employees shall be eligible for the above named holidays after the employee's seniority date and twelve (12) months
Ok yeah, I missed that last sentence. That explains it.