Holy hell...

loadfaster

So on Monday in my neck of the dark woods, some guy impersonated a driver, broke into a lady's home, and stabbed her. She's in critical condition. Wonder if this will make people much more leery to open the door...

BCFan

I agree Upstate thanks for the link....wow this news is a kick in the groin to all us late night dark and dreary delivers. On my rural route them peeps shot first and ? later. Good thing they all know me..BC

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
While I agree with the idea of staying out of residential driveways as much as possible, that kind of goes out the window once it gets dark and I am out in the country. At that point, I NEED the customer to be able to look out the window and see/ hear the truck so that they know damn good and well thats its really me.

barnyard

KTM rider
I often wonder what a country homeowner thinks when I come strolling down their driveway, after dark, with my flashlight lighting the way. Until their yard lights come on, they cannot see who is holding the flashlight.

Ugh.

There are lots of armed homeowners in my area. Hopefully they know to ask questions 1st.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
i had a revolver aimed at my face when i brought a Saver to some guy at like 11pm

surprisingly it didn't bother me until about an hour later, and then i was like, huh, ain't that some ****

rod

Retired 22 years
I'm sure UPS will allow everyone extra time to produce an ID at every resi stop. They are understanding like that. You could always count on the homeowner letting the dog out if you pulled into a driveway after dark.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I have never had a gun pointed at me, but I have had customers come to the door at night holding guns. I cant say as I blame them; it might take the county sheriff 45 minutes to respond to a 911 call out there.

A

anonymous6

i had a guy come after me one time with a shotgun because he thought i came to visit his wife. took a lot of talking to straighten that out.