Hot in Alabama (on topic)

Is it normal to drive a truck with no air and most of the time no fan?

We live in Alabama and summer begins in May and we never know when it will finally begin to cool off.

Alabama summer's have high temperatures averaging over 90 °friend. Oh, and don't forget about the humidity.

jaker

trolling
Love new drivers , thinking they are talking about something that has never been brought up

Where I am at it gets up to 120 outside , the back had reached 150 and you burn yourself on the shelves and the cab is around 135 still no AC and don't think there never will be

Love new drivers , thinking they are talking about something that has never been brought up

Where I am at it gets up to 120 outside , the back had reached 150 and you burn yourself on the shelves and the cab is around 135 still no AC and don't think there never will be
I've actually worn gloves in the summer time.

JL 0513

AC will never happen because of the in and out nature of the job. Imagine how long that compressor and other components would last restarting 150+ times a day?

I wear gloves all year also
I wear them at my bulk stops
15032420011361275539799.jpg

john chesney

There was a case in central region when new ups trucks came in they had air condition in the trucks and it was either removed or disconnected.A grievance was filed to keep air conditioning in truck and the claim of the union denied. I can't remember if it was at the state panel or jac

Should have known there would be a smartass in the group....not a new driver....been driving for 15 years. (my husband is the actual driver, not me)

yes, temp of truck sucks and drinking all the water barely keeps you hidrated....

he wears those gloves as well...

its just something i thought i would ask....

watdaflock?

Is it normal to drive a truck with no air and most of the time no fan?

We live in Alabama and summer begins in May and we never know when it will finally begin to cool off.

Alabama summer's have high temperatures averaging over 90 °friend. Oh, and don't forget about the humidity.

Ahhh, one of the pros that I'm in a rental... ac directed at my armpits.

Dry heat is more bearable, humid heat just plain sucks. Even with ac running at max, I'm still getting schweddy ballz.

Watch NPR's Delicious Dish: Schweddy Balls from Saturday Night Live on NBC.com

It is Wut it is... just hydrate between stops

It's scary some days I hydrate like 2 gallons of diluted Gatorade and didn't need to do #1 the whole 11 hour day
If you aren't going to the bathroom, your body is in serious trouble

jaker

trolling
Should have known there would be a smartass in the group....not a new driver....been driving for 15 years. (my husband is the actual driver, not me)

yes, temp of truck sucks and drinking all the water barely keeps you hidrated....

he wears those gloves as well...

its just something i thought i would ask....
So after 15 years of being married to a driver you ask now , why don't you ask him why he hasn't gone feeder so he can have AC