Hot or Cold?

Do you like working in the Heat or Cold?

• Total voters

BrownNinjaz

I am a package-handler , so I like winter better. I don't mind the heat now as I don't load trailers. I work at the pre-load- loading packages into brown trucks. When I used to work at loading trailer, it was so dang hot inside.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
People in the warmer climates prefer cooler weather, and people in the colder climates like hotter weather.......imagine that!

I like Spring and Fall, perfect weather. Winter over Summer, you can always dress for that. Summer in my area is just miserable with the high humidity.

HomeDelivery

People in the warmer climates prefer cooler weather, and people in the colder climates like hotter weather.......imagine that!

I like Spring and Fall, perfect weather. Winter over Summer, you can always dress for that. Summer in my area is just miserable with the high humidity.

EVERYONE likes Spring/Fall... which is why i didn't include them on the polls...

Hmm, wonders if this poll will be reversed when the blizzard of 2012 arrives :cold:

clarnzz

I prefer the heat, it's not even close. I drive in the midwest so it ranges from 105 to -50 with windchill. I can't really see a downside at all to the heat, as long as you are sucking down water all day and get enough sleep every night it's far easier that trudging around in 3 layers of clothes, snowboots, looking for houses in the dark. Bleh. I agree if this thread was ran in January the results would be quite differant!

oldupsman

Always liked the summer over winter my whole career. Winter, getting up in the dark, going to work in the dark. Getting dressed like you're going to war. Snow, putting on chains. Working in the dark. Coming home in the dark. Summer, daylight the whole day. Doors open nice breeze. No travel problems. And half naked women coming to the door to greet you. Geez, come on. It isn't even close.

HomeDelivery

yea, i forgot you guys get mules/helpers instead of opening more routes during peak season.

slightly off-topic, but being a peak-temp driver/courier @ FedEx HD for ~$13/hour is better than being a package mule @ UPS for ~$8/hour. I had one that i was training last peak that previously was a UPS jumper & he didn't get a tip from his driver at the end of the year...

HomeDelivery

bump

you still like cold better?

i still don't:cold:

I had to put my ballpoint pen into one of the heater vents so the ink can flow...:knockedout:

our contractors don't have snow chains; a select few have quigley vans.

some are buying extra rims w/ mud & snow treads which does help w/ traction

the past saturday everyone was off the road, so I did deliver my 80 stops for that day (160 miles)

at this time, i'm happier we're getting more daylight back:peaceful:

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
It's not hard to warm up...it's impossible to cool down...at work anyway. Get me off work and a cold beer and a pool does the trick!

Cementups

Box Monkey
I'm in different really. Too cold or too hot I'd still rather be working. But if it's 65-75 and sunny, I'd rather be golfing.

BTW, keep your pen in your shirt pocket or even clipped to your collar inside your shirt. Keeping it closer to your body will keep it from freezing.

HomeDelivery

road conditions are better in summer; not as good in winter

but you guys get paid by the hour +OT while most contracted driver is paid flat rate or by-the-stop

lots more NATD stops & BATD

i don't mind staying hydrated during the day & carrying an extra work shirt & ankle socks to switch out during my mid-day break; i bring 3 gallons of h2o and a gallon of tang w/ me

i read somewhere else in these forums that powdering your munchkins w/ medicated talc gives you a "spring in your step" & refreshes you to keep on going
Gluten_Free_Baked_Donut_Holes.jpg
Mini-Powdered-Sugar-Donut-Muffins.jpg
Gluten_Free_Baked_Donut_Holes.jpg