Hourly pay issue

Andizzy

Hello everyone,
I am a new hire as of May 30, 2017. I started at the base pay of $10.20 an hour. I was told as of June 13, 2017 I should have been receiving $11 an hour. Up until yesterday, when I was first told it would be an issue, I was working six days a week. I had spoke with HR and that is when I found out my payraise was never properly pushed through, all though HR had approved it. HR instructed me to speak to my FT Supe, where I was told he would process an inquiry. I am a union member, so my question is who do I speak with about getting my owed money? Do I continue the HR/FT Supe route, or is this a matter for the union/union steward? Also what can I do about getting my sixth day back?

trickpony1

It seems like these payroll "mistakes" happen a lot...almost too often to be "accidental".

Speak to your BA and, after a reasonable length of time, if nothing is done then go to the Department of Labor.

Document everything.

Andizzy

Yes I work in preload. I passed the probationary period, had a “graduation” ceremony yesterday though I was told well over a week ago that I’ve passed the period. I was give a brown bag with another’s last name on it as well as 2 oversized shirts hah. Was a very “political” feel to the entire photo sesh. Off topic but it gave me a good laugh.

Andizzy

There are a lot of issues that need to be addressed my at my center, every day the week all my PT Supes end up loading. I saw this was a grievable offense, yet I wanted to wait a little while longer before addressing it. I hope to be a driver sooner than later, and I see the Supes are able to help me attain that. So I’d rather not bite the hand that feeds me type deal, yet it’s annoying to see this happen. I feel wrong for overlooking this injustice for my own gain though.

Andizzy

It seems like these payroll "mistakes" happen a lot...almost too often to be "accidental".

Speak to your BA and, after a reasonable length of time, if nothing is done then go to the Department of Labor.

Document everything.
I learned quick to keep track of all hours. I bring any errors to my FT who has made adjustments for me. I’ve even worked before the start time and have received pay for the time worked. I’ve had one instance where I had received more daily hours then actually worked, brought that to his attention as well. I am an honorable person, all o asked is for what is owed.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
There are a lot of issues that need to be addressed my at my center, every day the week all my PT Supes end up loading. I saw this was a grievable offense, yet I wanted to wait a little while longer before addressing it. I hope to be a driver sooner than later, and I see the Supes are able to help me attain that. So I’d rather not bite the hand that feeds me type deal, yet it’s annoying to see this happen. I feel wrong for overlooking this injustice for my own gain though.

The supervisors have nothing to do with you getting a driving gig. It is based on senority not who likes you

Andizzy

The supervisors have nothing to do with you getting a driving gig. It is based on senority not who likes you
Since I haven’t learned to drive stick, thanks automatic society, I’m banking on my PT Supe to show me the ropes. A couple drivers at my center said they would come in early and learned to drive there. Just waiting on HRs response to that matter. So they may not be a key factor for the promotion but they are playing a small part.

Andizzy

Driving was s
Learning stick is easier than learning how to drive. Once you go stick you'll never want an automatic again.
driving was natural for me, I credit video games for the general understanding. I know I’ll ace it once I have the chance, never had a need to drive stick before. Knowing my grandmom and a 18 yr old female coworker(second job) are pros at it, I think most people just make it out harder then it actually is hah.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Driving was s

driving was natural for me, I credit video games for the general understanding. I know I’ll ace it once I have the chance, never had a need to drive stick before. Knowing my grandmom and a 18 yr old female coworker(second job) are pros at it, I think most people just make it out harder then it actually is hah.
give me an
automatic all day long in package car.

LeadBelly

Banned
Hello everyone,
I am a new hire as of May 30, 2017. I started at the base pay of $10.20 an hour. I was told as of June 13, 2017 I should have been receiving $11 an hour. Up until yesterday, when I was first told it would be an issue, I was working six days a week. I had spoke with HR and that is when I found out my payraise was never properly pushed through, all though HR had approved it. HR instructed me to speak to my FT Supe, where I was told he would process an inquiry. I am a union member, so my question is who do I speak with about getting my owed money? Do I continue the HR/FT Supe route, or is this a matter for the union/union steward? Also what can I do about getting my sixth day back?
Find out your local union number. Then google them. This will produce a phone number. Click phone number. Call them, follow prompts to a business agent. Introduce yourself, and explain your issues. This will help more than this site.

Andizzy

Preload graduation ceremony? Do they give big shovels or guide dogs?
I had my heart set on a guide dog, but was given a melon mix with plastic fork and also a Gatorade in addition to what I listed above. Was definitely a strange over exaggerated experience for me.

Andizzy

Find out your local union number. Then google them. This will produce a phone number. Click phone number. Call them, follow prompts to a business agent. Introduce yourself, and explain your issues. This will help more than this site.
Thanks a lot for that input, I had aquatinted myself with the local secretary, good to know who to follow up with now. I always heard of unions but never seen myself finding a job where that was an option. Ive read through most chapters of the current agreement. I find it all very fascinating.

ManInBrown

Tell the sup to send an inquiry to payroll. If not fixed in a timely manner get the union involved. I wasn't credited with my option week my first year. Told my on car and he sent an inquiry and it was fixed in a couple days. Sometimes it's just a simple error that can be easily corrected. If it turns into a pay dispute where they say you shouldn't be getting $11 then get the union involved.

Andizzy

Tell the sup to send an inquiry to payroll. If not fixed in a timely manner get the union involved. I wasn't credited with my option week my first year. Told my on car and he sent an inquiry and it was fixed in a couple days. Sometimes it's just a simple error that can be easily corrected. If it turns into a pay dispute where they say you shouldn't be getting $11 then get the union involved.
Cool that sounds like a good course of action for me. Thankfully the Sup always is helpful with hour adjustment so I’ll see what he can do for me.