Hourly to management seniority

Does anyone know how seniority works if you go from hourly to management? If I’ve been on preload for 10 years and then decide to go into management, do I go in on the bottom of the seniority list because I’ve never been in management? Do I get to keep my seniority above another supervisor who’s only been there 2 years? I’m sorry if this isn’t the right forum to ask. I’m having difficulty finding one related to management. Thanks in advance!

542thruNthru

Does anyone know how seniority works if you go from hourly to management? If I’ve been on preload for 10 years and then decide to go into management, do I go in on the bottom of the seniority list because I’ve never been in management? Do I get to keep my seniority above another supervisor who’s only been there 2 years? I’m sorry if this isn’t the right forum to ask. I’m having difficulty finding one related to management. Thanks in advance!

Your years count. We have a PT sup that has 20 years. He has seniority over our FT manager and always selects vacation before him and even pulls seniority on him forcing the FT manager to run his pen.

Make sure they don't punk you and tell you your seniority doesn't count.

I am wondering what happened when a PT with 10 years seniority decided to go into management. Actually we had a PT Hub gal go into management after 20 years. Said she needed the extra income. Did not turn out well for her as she was let go.

Box Ox

If I’ve been on preload for 10 years and then decide to go into management, do I go in on the bottom of the seniority list because I’ve never been in management?

That’s a great question for the UPS Management Union and the part time supervisor steward at your location. Ask your center manager to give you the informational pamphlet about it.

KOG72

I’m full of it
Here’s a question.... Do you not have enough seniority to go driving???

KOG72

I’m full of it
They don't want to go driving. They all want to be air drivers.

Good thing 22.4s are eradicating the air driver position. Bunch of lazy good for nothing's.:)
Really who would want to go driving now,knowing there’s a possibility that they will most likely wind up working on weekends.

Thank you for the replies. It does shed some light. I was getting different answers depending on who I asked and the union Stewart wasn’t really su. Mostly people were saying there was no seniority in management but someone has to be number one.

542thruNthru

Thank you for the replies. It does shed some light. I was getting different answers depending on who I asked and the union Stewart wasn’t really su. Mostly people were saying there was no seniority in management but someone has to be number one.

Don't listen to them. 10 years seniority should shoot you right to the top of the supervisor seniority list.

RolloTony Brown Town

Your seniority only applies to picking vacations. It’s based off your date of hire. You’ll be able to pick vacations over any person at your level. So if you’re a pt supervisor you get to pick vacations ahead of other pt supervisors that started working at ups after you.

I’m not saying that other facilities don’t play games and “bend the rules.” Just that this is the policy.