Hours and days not paid

PT Car Washer

I did every week it wasn't right. Actually I told them beforehand most of the time because I was writing down when I clocked in and out and I always told them when the time clock there was messing up and when I checked on upsers and saw it wasn't right. It's not like I just waited, I have been telling them and just like today, they send me running around the facility looking for people no one can ever seem to have a location of or they say theyre busy and try later
This is why I let the Union do my talking for me. It gets their attention when the Union makes a few phone calls to your sup and managers boss.

JustDeliverIt

I did every week it wasn't right. Actually I told them beforehand most of the time because I was writing down when I clocked in and out and I always told them when the time clock there was messing up and when I checked on upsers and saw it wasn't right. It's not like I just waited, I have been telling them and just like today, they send me running around the facility looking for people no one can ever seem to have a location of or they say theyre busy and try later

First off, if your steward or manager told you to wait until next week, friend that. You go to the hall immediately. Talk to your BA to start getting this handled. As many said before, you probably waited too long to do much unless you have grievances filed. But it's worth a shot if they owe you that much and you have documentation to prove it. Cameras in the building will not be a help at this point.

Secondly, if this scenario happens ever again, you file a grievance on a weekly basis. In my local (yours may differ, need to check your contract or ask your BA) they have until your next paycheck to make you whole. If not, you are entitled to penalty pay. Once they start writing a few penalty checks they usually get on top of things and it stops. Usually.

When I started at UPS and was on preload, my PT supe was shorting everyones paycheck. After we all punched out, he would take 5 minutes from everyone to make his numbers look better. I was new and didn't know the culture of UPS at the time but always felt like my check was a little off most weeks. When I asked my FT supe about what I felt was a discrepancy, first thing he asked for was documentation. I didn't have any figuring a multi-billion dollar company had their :censored2: together and did things right.

Since then, I have written down every start time and punch out I have had. Shortly after, that PT supe was fired (go figure) once they firgured out what was going on. If I ever had an issue, I took care of it that Friday when I reported to work since we can view our paycheck online Thursday. Stay on top of it, file weekly if need be as it will be the only way to guarantee proper documentation to get paid properly.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I have a list from last year of days I wasn't paid for, times I wasn't paid for all my hours, and times where they had me come in earlier than the start time but I wasn't credited for the 20 to 30 minutes I was there (like 30 something days). I asked but was given the run-around. Is it too late to try and continue to pursue my money or just a waste of time now seeing as taxes and everything were already done for 2019 as one person told me. I estimate they owe me about 1500 bucks seeing as most of the days were days where I had over 8hrs, alot of days during peak season, and days where apparently we were short unloaders or just understaffed period soo everything too a long time. I need my money, like yesterday
Get a labor lawyer. Wont cost you anything. The scrambling that will ensue will look like something from a war movie!

The company is playing with the paid day again and again. Time for a class action suit!

JustDeliverIt

Also what is a BA and how do I file a grievance if I can't ever get to talk to anyone

BA is a Business Agent at your local union hall. They are the ones that your stewards report to at the hall. Go into your local, tell them that you work at UPS and that you have an issue. Sit down and explain the situation, best you can do at this point.