How Bad Will Peak Be?

Realistically, How Bad Will Peak Be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MassWineGuy

Looking at the situation at my station, most drivers there predict this Peak will be the worst Express has seen in many years. Not enough staff. Not enough vehicles for current and newly hired folks. Many other locations seem to be in a similar situation.

And Response is not going to be suspended because that would re-route three million pieces a day back to Memphis.

falcon back

Looking at the situation at my station, most drivers there predict this Peak will be the worst Express has seen in many years. Not enough staff. Not enough vehicles for current and newly hired folks. Many other locations seem to be in a similar situation.

And Response is not going to be suspended because that would re-route three million pieces a day back to Memphis.
Don't panic. The sun will rise tomorrow

Basement Dweller

With our staffing we can't even handle a ordinary Saturday sort without a 4 hour delay. Upper Management is like "alright we have 300 cans left to process we can do this!" while everyone walks to go home after working 10 hours straight.
Then I have to hear the Purple Bleeders complain that everyone is going home. Fred S better start flying in those somali refugees now rather than wait until November.

MAKAVELI

With our staffing we can't even handle a ordinary Saturday sort without a 4 hour delay. Upper Management is like "alright we have 300 cans left to process we can do this!" while everyone walks to go home after working 10 hours straight.
Then I have to hear the Purple Bleeders complain that everyone is going home. Fred S better start flying in those somali refugees now rather than wait until November.
Fred S don't give a fu *. He got his $billions and is leaving it to little Dickey to do as he pleases.

floridays

Do you work at the hub, Saturday sort in Memphis.
Easy yes or no.

floridays

Couldn't vote I didn't like your choices

I vote
It's gonna kick your ass old man, toss in the towell.
It's what it is, and always will be until you clowns arch your back, then you will get support.
@59 Dano , do you comprende? If you do explain it to the grape guy.

dezguy

Years ago Fedex made no commitment to employees, treated them a transient employment, welcome to the free agent age.
Just a thought.
Plenty of people working in mem who know they can quit, go over amazon for more money, probably be let go after Christmas, go back to the hub and probably have their old job back.

The days of loyalty to FedEx are long over and it's self inflicted.

floridays

Plenty of people working in mem who know they can quit, go over amazon for more money, probably be let go after Christmas, go back to the hub and probably have their old job back.

The days of loyalty to FedEx are long over and it's self inflicted.
I think you are spot on, in sports money chases a free agent, anyone with a brain can figure it out if they choose to.
A sad state of affairs in my opinion.
Doubtful Fedex can ever claim to be a Forbes top 5 or whatever company to work for.

It is self infliceted, correct again.

It's a sad state of affairs, the only loyalty, for good reason resides in the pilots, aircraft MX, , corporate and frontline management , for differing reasons.

What say you @59 Dano, tell us where we are wrong.

falcon back

It will, the question is.......

Will your eyes open to see it?
Wealth either real or imagined has no personal utility, it's useless to anyone that does not respond to the bell for the next round.

I love fukin with a guy that thinks he's rich.

@falcon back , will the sun rise for you tomorrow?
Being rich has many meanings. I won't ever have to work again, that's good enough for me.
Will the sun come up today?
I certainly hope so. I am in the beautiful Gulf Coast with thousands of car enthusiasts with my classic 69 Camaro at the annual Cruisin the Coast and it was raining earlier. Still beats working a job that you hate, such as in your case.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
I think you are spot on, in sports money chases a free agent, anyone with a brain can figure it out if they choose to.
A sad state of affairs in my opinion.
Doubtful Fedex can ever claim to be a Forbes top 5 or whatever company to work for.

It is self infliceted, correct again.

It's a sad state of affairs, the only loyalty, for good reason resides in the pilots, aircraft MX, , corporate and frontline management , for differing reasons.

What say you @59 Dano, tell us where we are wrong.
C’mon @59 Dano let’s start talking in circles, muddy the waters and impress us with your friend-ing metrics.

Basement Dweller

Do you work at the hub, Saturday sort in Memphis.
Easy yes or no.
I work at the Indy Hub. It's not easy because we don't have Response (Sunrise) or Temps to work on that day. I'd say we're about 60% staffed on that day alone. We can't run a full input or matrix line simply because there's no bodies. Bulk truck didn't get done until 5:50 PM (suppose to be done at 3:15 PM).
The Saturday before that Management decided to rollover everything after 5 PM and nights had a crybaby fit that the following Saturday we are not going home until we get done, which was 9:30 PM.
Peak staffing will be better since it's okay to bring in illegal immigrants during a major operational crisis time. It's just they'll be canned after Janurary.

fedx

Extra Large Package
I work at the Indy Hub. It's not easy because we don't have Response (Sunrise) or Temps to work on that day. I'd say we're about 60% staffed on that day alone. We can't run a full input or matrix line simply because there's no bodies. Bulk truck didn't get done until 5:50 PM (suppose to be done at 3:15 PM).
The Saturday before that Management decided to rollover everything after 5 PM and nights had a crybaby fit that the following Saturday we are not going home until we get done, which was 9:30 PM.
Peak staffing will be better since it's okay to bring in illegal immigrants during a major operational crisis time. It's just they'll be canned after Janurary.

They should not be allowed to bring in illegal immigrants at all. That's an easy way out of not raising their pay to draw people to work at FedEx. The solution to FedEx's problem is clear-they aren't paying employees enough. Most fast food restaurants are now paying more than package handlers at FedEx. Instead of recognizing the problem and upping the pay, they will just bring in some illegals and keep paying below market wages. You have big corporations selling out our country for cheap labor.

NC man

Yea it’s gonna be bad especially if Response is kept. Even if suspended the flights are gonna be late etc and we get on road late. Nothing new there though.Im sure Response freight will roll over some as those flights will probably be late also.

Retire Dec 23 so will do what I can each day and then see ya later.

Basement Dweller

They should not be allowed to bring in illegal immigrants at all. That's an easy way out of not raising their pay to draw people to work at FedEx. The solution to FedEx's problem is clear-they aren't paying employees enough. Most fast food restaurants are now paying more than package handlers at FedEx. Instead of recognizing the problem and upping the pay, they will just bring in some illegals and keep paying below market wages. You have big corporations selling out our country for cheap labor.
Temps (which include immigrants) are paid $25 an hour. WITH paid premiums the best you can do is $22 a hour as an actual employee. It's insane that back in 2018 the pay was $13 a hour. It goes beyond pay. People are not quitting over low pay, they're quitting over terrible working conditions and crazy hours as more freight comes in daily. The insanity of the things we handle now is too much. Full furniture sets, king size mattresses, swing sets, grills, and more golf equipment to arm the PGA tour 10 times over.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer

Mr T voice "PAIN"