How bad

Overpaid Union Thug

Are you guys being told tomorrow is going to be?

From what I’m hearing it’s going to be bad!!!! Really bad!!!
Our center is supposedly running an extra preload (normally none on Mondays) tomorrow morning. And we are supposed to have rain throughout the night followed by a drastic drop in temperatures at which time it will start snowing. We don’t have enough drivers or vehicles. And many of our DIADs can barely hold enough charge to last a normal day.

We are royally ******.

AKCoverMan

Can only deliver until 2130 no matter how busy it is. If I’m not going to get it done I’ll concentrate on UPS critical and obvious perishables.

Just don’t try to tell me that over dispatching is a “severe weather event”. 🙄

AKCoverMan

I am already in a 500. Everyone else in rural routes likes to get put in U-Haul’s or rental vans for peak. Not me. I’m less likely to get a shot gun pulled on me at night if I am in a marked vehicle.
We’ve had guns pulled on PVDs out here last two years. Trying to get company to at least give them a strobe light or something so they don’t look like they are sneaking up on people after dark which here starts about 1630.

Rack em

Made the Podium
I am already in a 500. Everyone else in rural routes likes to get put in U-Haul’s or rental vans for peak. Not me. I’m less likely to get a shot gun pulled on me at night if I am in a marked vehicle.
I'm in a rental on a rural route and had a guy open the door a couple weeks ago with a gun next to the door. After realizing it was me, I saw his arm move away. That makes the 4th time in under 10 years of dealing with customers and guns. Having a rental really helps when the weather is bad, but yeah I worry about getting shot by some trigger happy farmer one day.

Overpaid Union Thug

We’ve had guns pulled on PVDs out here last two years. Trying to get company to at least give them a strobe light or something so they don’t look like they are sneaking up on people after dark which here starts about 1630.
I'm in a rental on a rural route and had a guy open the door a couple weeks ago with a gun next to the door. After realizing it was me, I saw his arm move away. That makes the 4th time in under 10 years of dealing with customers and guns. Having a rental really helps when the weather is bad, but yeah I worry about getting shot by some trigger happy farmer one day.
There is no excuse for us being out late at night. The first couple years after the epic peak failure was proof of that. Volume goes up X amount of percentage points every year and there were indications as early as Midsummer that this year’s peak volume increase would be much more than the average. But instead we, and probably everyone else too, are going to be caught with our pants down while blindfolded.

My center literally does not have enough drivers, trucks/rentals, PVDs, or fully functional DIADs. We don’t even have enough parking for the employees we do have. And our building is way too small to handle what’s coming. Even with the temporary structures they put up every year for peak.

MethodsMan

There is no excuse for us being out late at night. The first couple years after the epic peak failure was proof of that. Volume goes up X amount of percentage points every year and there were indications as early as Midsummer that this year’s peak volume increase would be much more than the average. But instead we, and probably everyone else too, are going to be caught with our pants down while blindfolded.

My center literally does not have enough drivers, trucks/rentals, PVDs, or fully functional DIADs. We don’t even have enough parking for the employees we do have. And our building is way too small to handle what’s coming. Even with the temporary structures they put up every year for peak.

What kind of backwoods center are you out of?

AKCoverMan

I’ve been met by folks with guns many times, but I have no problem with a responsible gun owner who has weapon on him but holstered or even in hand at ready but don’t point it at me.

To be sure I am in rural area and folks out here are very gun rights, property rights kind of people. But good people who are very happy to get regular UPS service. Sadly we have too much theft out here and only couple of troopers covering a very large area.

Rack em

Made the Podium
I’ve been met by folks with guns many times, but I have no problem with a responsible gun owner who has weapon on him but holstered or even in hand at ready but don’t point it at me.

To be sure I am in rural area and folks out here are very gun rights, property rights kind of people. But good people who are very happy to get regular UPS service. Sadly we have too much theft out here and only couple of troopers covering a very large area.
Yeah I don't mind people being cautious of strange vehicles rolling up at 9:00 at night and having a firearm ready if needed. Luckily I have never had a gun pointed at me, and I hope it never happens. If it does, that customer will get their stuff left at their gate anytime the sun is down. I am not getting shot because of :censored2:ing amazon!