I currently have a CDL and drive for Publix supermarkets...Im interested in a FT package delivery driver in Tampa or surrounding area but was told it is hard to get hired from the outside but possible....Any tips/ideas or somewhere I can call to try and get my app pulled? Cant work PT in the warehouse seasonal cause can't afford to take that pay cut and wait.... Any help is greatly appreciated thanks

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
I have friends who work for Publix in GA. I know their insurance sucks and their routes seem to pay less each year but they all make over $70k each year.

I would think best bet for outside hire would be Jacksonville with the big expansion but I could be wrong.

Good luck!

Future

Victory Ride
I currently have a CDL and drive for Publix supermarkets...Im interested in a FT package delivery driver in Tampa or surrounding area but was told it is hard to get hired from the outside but possible....Any tips/ideas or somewhere I can call to try and get my app pulled? Cant work PT in the warehouse seasonal cause can't afford to take that pay cut and wait.... Any help is greatly appreciated thanks
Just a general statement ....many of the part timers ...who r eligible 2 come out and drive r declining 2 do so .... this could open the door for yourself as a outside hire ...

I have friends who work for Publix in GA. I know their insurance sucks and their routes seem to pay less each year but they all make over $70k each year.

I would think best bet for outside hire would be Jacksonville with the big expansion but I could be wrong.

Good luck!
Yea that is correct... I wish was at 70k or would stay put more like 50k.... I hear a lot of good things about ups even tho more work but I believe it’s worth it.. Gotta go where the money is lol

Just a general statement ....many of the part timers ...who r eligible 2 come out and drive r declining 2 do so .... this could open the door for yourself as a outside hire ...
Thanks I guess I might consider going in the office and doing ups part time since dont wanna mess with my DOT time as a driver..preciate it

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
I'm not sure how far into Alabama you are but I'm guessing the new Atlanta hub will cause some major hiring in feeders. It's located at the I20E and 285 interchange. That building is large!

Since you have a CDL try Old Dominion, in a couple years I think most of their guys are over $80k, some over $100.

I'm not sure how far into Alabama you are but I'm guessing the new Atlanta hub will cause some major hiring in feeders. It's located at the I20E and 285 interchange. That building is large!

Since you have a CDL try Old Dominion, in a couple years I think most of their guys are over $80k, some over $100.
Thank you i will look into it as well

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
Right now is a seasonal period. They usually dont start hiring off the street until spring.
You Don't have to work part time inside. You just have to relocate to a high volume area where ups is expanding. Check upsjobs.com

Right now is a seasonal period. They usually dont start hiring off the street until spring.
You Don't have to work part time inside. You just have to relocate to a high volume area where ups is expanding. Check upsjobs.com
Thats good to hear.. I don't mind relocating...thanks

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
A Whites Creek driver told me they are supposed to hire another 100 feeder drivers this year. That's in Nashville.

A Louisville Centennial driver told me they have hired 50 or so off the street for four years straight.