How can I tell if I got hired?

R

Rpierro1

I recently went through 2 Zoom interviews for the combination Driver position. One interview was an overview of the job and the 2nd was a 1 on 1. After I consented to the background check, the next day another field in my UPS career account opened up below my background check That I had to fill out. I signed off on my W4, I9, direct deposit, emergency contact information and company polices. Does this mean I’m hired?

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
I recently went through 2 Zoom interviews for the combination Driver position. One interview was an overview of the job and the 2nd was a 1 on 1. After I consented to the background check, the next day I signed off on my W4, direct deposit and company polices. Does this mean I’m hired?

Thanks!
Yes, you’re salary and benefits should kick in by the middle of the month. Good job.

R

Rpierro1

Thanks! I never received a call or email with a start date yet. I know it’s been peak since March so they must be hiring like crazy. I want to make sure I accumulate enough hours before 10/15 to be in the union as I read. I’m trying to figure all this out.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I recently went through 2 Zoom interviews for the combination Driver position. One interview was an overview of the job and the 2nd was a 1 on 1. After I consented to the background check, the next day another field in my UPS career account opened up below my background check That I had to fill out. I signed off on my W4, I9, direct deposit, emergency contact information and company polices. Does this mean I’m hired?

Thanks!

Yes you are hired

You are also late should have been to work 20 minutes ago

Come on let’s go what are you waiting for

R

Rpierro1

Early is on time, on time is late and late is unacceptable. I’m screwed. I guess I have to wait for HR to get back to me.

Ancient Alien

UPS Vacation

Thanks!
Sounds like the company is doing a background check on you. If they're wanting a immigrant/citizen status with the I9 and W4 direct deposit.

Back when I got hired it took a while for them to check your history due to the technology at the time. They did take a mug shot & fingerprints like a 60's felon. Then if they needed you right away you were given a date to report right after the interview and during the interview it was not so much a one-on-one chat but a video/slash test about safety and questions about future growth and what you thought was important, Then you went out into the yard with the HR person and pretriped an old ratty standard(clutch) package car to make sure it was safe and you went for a 3-4 mile drive to demonstrate you knew the safety you just learned about and could handle the car.

That was it, I think it's a lot harder today so I'd say you're not hired yet. Wait to hear back or call if you can. It's sounding good though if they're checking into your history and if you got a pretty clean slate you should be good to go. Don't buy the Beamer quite yet tho'.

Last edited:
Sounds like the company is doing a background check on you. If they're wanting a immigrant/citizen status with the I9 and W4 direct deposit.

Back when I got hired it took a while for them to check your history due to the technology at the time. They did take a mug shot & fingerprints like a 60's felon. Then if they needed you right away you were given a date to report right after the interview and during the interview it was not so much a one-on-one chat but a video/slash test about safety and questions about future growth and what you thought was important, Then you went out into the yard with the HR person and pretriped an old ratty standard(clutch) package car to make sure it was safe and you went for a 3-4 mile drive to demonstrate you knew the safety you just learned about and could handle the car.

That was it, I think it's a lot harder today so I'd say you're not hired yet. Wait to hear back or call if you can. It's sounding good though if they're checking into your history and if you got a pretty clean slate you should be good to go. Don't buy the Beamer quite yet tho'.
Thanks for the advice. This process took a about a month in total. I recently went for my road test and was told by the supervisor that I passed. HR will get back to me with a date for the DOT physical. Then off to the driving school.

Ackerlin

Thanks for the advice. This process took a about a month in total. I recently went for my road test and was told by the supervisor that I passed. HR will get back to me with a date for the DOT physical. Then off to the driving school.

Just school, only about 5% of the class is actually driving.

SorryLazyPOS

Big Kahuna Burger

Thanks!
Yeah it does. Same thing happened to me. That’s why I tell people all the time to check that site everyday twice a day. No one listens though. Congrats.

SorryLazyPOS

Big Kahuna Burger
1599378424047.gif

I’m off to driving school. I probably won’t make the book by October 15th but should have a decent amount of days under my belt. I’m going to show up early, perform as best as I could and hopefully I’m retained in January. When do you start accumulating days after driving school?