How did UPS deliver a half ripped off label?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteinHorn

I looked at the label on my delivered package and not only did the tracking say it was delivered but it actually was delivered. But the label was missing (ripped off)the barcode and even the written tracking number. How does the driver make it say delivered if he can't scan it?

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
I looked at the label on my delivered package and not only did the tracking say it was delivered but it actually was delivered. But the label was missing (ripped off)the barcode and even the written tracking number. How does the driver make it say delivered if he can't scan it?
Probably manually entered the tracking number from the sort label or a paper manifest. They can also look at the tracking numbers for every package at a delivery address right on the board too. Punch in four digits and it will find the rest.

Last edited:

rod

Retired 22 years
Drivers can make it say anything for a package. Hell they can even say a Next Day Air package was late because of weather conditions even if there hasn't been a cloud in the sky for a week.

NTGhost

Probably manually entered the tracking number from the sort label or a paper manifest. They can also look at the tracking numbers for every package at a delivery address right on the board too. Punch in four digits and it will find the rest.
What i have to do on my DIAD to get this?

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
If you worked at UPS, you would know how but since you don't we can't tell you.

scooby0048

Bottom right screen findBar then enter the last four of the tracking #. It will give you a list to select from if there are multiple sequences with that number or just the one package.

scooby0048

Ours is the “Details” tab

Bottom right screen findBar then enter the last four of the tracking #. It will give you a list to select from if there are multiple sequences with that number or just the one package.

@Brown Biscuit is right about the details tab. Once you get the details screen it will show you the tracking number. Then, you can enter the tracking into fndbar and it will pull it up.

NTGhost

hmm guess i need Orion for that...unfort i'm in Germany ^^ so no search for numbers for me. Because we haven't Orion yet.

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
Only need last 4 of barcode. Occasionally there are multiples that will match in which case you can enter more digits.
Doesn't have to be last 4. Any 4 of the last 8 numbers in order will work to find bc. For instance, if the last 8 numbers are 1234 5678, you can enter 1234, 2345, 3456, etc.

The smart barcode on the label contains all of the information

WTFm8

Only need last 4 of barcode. Occasionally there are multiples that will match in which case you can enter more digits.

Just enter last 4 of barcode. If multiples come up usually the 4 numbers are somewhere else in the label instead of last 4. Scroll up/down and select correct one.

Dr.Brownz

Magic and voodoo

UPS_carnage11

The tracking info is on the slap as well if it has one, the stamps however don't. And I don't know why because it'd be useful at times.

Status
Not open for further replies.