How did your station handle the northeast snow

thedownhillEXPRESS

Did your stellar management team tell you to falsify what code to put on undeliverable packages?
Did your senior give a threatening speech the day after telling you to be safe out there?
Are you now disgruntled as ever with no respect for management heading into peak?
I know my station is.

Last edited:

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Did your stellar management team tell you to falsify what code to put on undeliverable packages?
Did your senior give a threatening speech the day after telling you to be safe out there?
Are you now disgruntled as ever with no respect for management heading into peak?
I know my station is.

I had one that I couldn't get to because of snow. I did a code 84 (delay beyond our control). I called my manager and asked what code I was supposed to use for future stops I might not be able to get to. He told me I needed to contact any customers to see if they would accept Friday delivery. Uhh no. Guess who WON'T be using their personal phone to contact customers, to stay off the WDL list. Lol.

thedownhillEXPRESS

I had one that I couldn't get to because of snow. I did a code 84 (delay beyond our control). I called my manager and asked what code I was supposed to use for future stops I might not be able to get to. He told me I needed to contact any customers to see if they would accept Friday delivery. Uhh no. Guess who WON'T be using their personal phone to contact customers, to stay off the WDL list. Lol.
We had managers saying all different things only to then have the senior contradict them.
Basically they all in one way or another pressured people to falsify.This is nothing new of course but the level of distrust of management,including the senior,I have never seen lower in 20 years.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
We had managers saying all different things only to then have the senior contradict them.
Basically they all in one way or another pressured people to falsify.This is nothing new of course but the level of distrust of management,including the senior,I have never seen lower in 20 years.

This is a great indicator of how messed-up FedEx is right now...they can't even cobble together a coherent and unified message in one station. I had a dispatcher friend text me yesterday that his station was total fluster :censored2: and that management was totally depending on dispatch to pull their butts out of the fire. Open routes, managers who won't answer their phones or read closed lists. It's really bad, and my take is that it's pretty much everywhere.

Wait 2 more weeks and watch the chickens run around the station with their heads cut-off.

DontThrowPackages

We had a manager get extremely upset because a courier brought back a bulk stop on Friday after the customer had told more than one courier they would be open on Friday only to change their minds in the midnight hour. Customers pay for deliveries. If they decide to close at last minute, that's their choice. They Paid for 3 attempts. Why should the courier be in trouble for that?

thedownhillEXPRESS

Because The Fedex power of command needs to eliminate people.
The current Fedex culture is just a breeding ground for back stabbing and throat slicing.
Survival of the least ethical.

Last edited:

dezguy

We had a manager get extremely upset because a courier brought back a bulk stop on Friday after the customer had told more than one courier they would be open on Friday only to change their minds in the midnight hour. Customers pay for deliveries. If they decide to close at last minute, that's their choice. They Paid for 3 attempts. Why should the courier be in trouble for that?
Because anything after the 2nd attempt, FedEx loses money and the manager hears it from above. Even after the first attempt, apparently FedEx barely breaks even on the package(s), or so I've been told by a reliable source.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus

Who are these people that allow managers to get "extremely upset" with them. Do they have no cajones? All my managers avoided me if possible. Hmmm. I wonder why? There's a lot to be said for speaking up for yourself and not taking any crap.

dezguy

Who are these people that allow managers to get "extremely upset" with them. Do they have no cajones? All my managers avoided me if possible. Hmmm. I wonder why? There's a lot to be said for speaking up for yourself and not taking any crap.
Amen. You can always spot the people who don't stand up for themselves because they're always the ones hearing it when their manager is stressed out. My manager avoids me like the plague. You can always tell, when he does need to talk to me about something, that he/she knows I'm going to make that time hell for him/her.