How do drivers get paid? (FedEx Ground)

hatoya

Is it by the number of stops, hours, or boxes?

I work as a loader and everyday I see drivers moving boxes out of trucks onto bulk trucks or others guys trucks without ever telling the driver. Sometimes it's because the boxes are too big and sometimes it's just a couple of small boxes. Also they always make sure you re-scan them to the different truck or that you un-scan stuff from their truck. What happens when you don't?

STFXG

It throws off your scanning accuracy. If its not deleted it shows up on the manifest for the truck it was originally scanned to. And if it isn't scanned to a truck that it is moved to then fedex has no way to trace where it ended up (cant blame someone if it disappears). It's probably the contractor moving boxes between his different trucks to better utilize his drivers.

Drivers are paid differently depending on who they drive for.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Is it by the number of stops, hours, or boxes?

I work as a loader and everyday I see drivers moving boxes out of trucks onto bulk trucks or others guys trucks without ever telling the driver. Sometimes it's because the boxes are too big and sometimes it's just a couple of small boxes. Also they always make sure you re-scan them to the different truck or that you un-scan stuff from their truck. What happens when you don't?

Usually, a low hourly rate ($12-$14 per hour) OR a flat weekly salary. No benefits and no OT. Some contractors pay a bonus for additional piece count over and above the average. There may also be other ways I'm not aware of because there are many variations of the scam.

MAKAVELI

It does when they don't have benefits such as health ins, retirement, 401k, ot , etc.

​But we barely have health ins, retirement, 401k, OT, etc.
I agree our ins could definitely be better and more affordable but it is better than having nothing. Doesn't matter if you are healthy and rarely use it. All it takes is one serious injury or illness to bankrupt you. If you have kids, you can't be without coverage. Retirement could definitely be better but again better than nothing. As far as ot goes well that depends on your location. I get ot on a regular basis. Although I know that can change at anytime and don't count on it. But when a lot of these contractors don't even offer ot much less any benefits it's easy to see ground drivers are getting screwed harder than us.

bbsam

Staff member
Again, you really should fly out here and learn something before exposing your lack of knowledge. Bring Nick with you.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Wouldn't it be easier if you just tell us about Grounds wonderful benefit package? Or is it too embarrassing Sam?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Again, you really should fly out here and learn something before exposing your lack of knowledge. Bring Nick with you.

Ground=scam. It's really that simple. You can bleat all day about how wonderful your drivers have it, and when you're finished they still have zero in the way of benefits and low pay. It's really that simple. Nobody needs to visit Quad Cities to know what you're doing. Nick "gets" it, as do the rest of us. You seem to be the one not facing reality.

bbsam

Staff member
Ground=scam. It's really that simple. You can bleat all day about how wonderful your drivers have it, and when you're finished they still have zero in the way of benefits and low pay. It's really that simple. Nobody needs to visit Quad Cities to know what you're doing. Nick "gets" it, as do the rest of us. You seem to be the one not facing reality.

You can cry all day about not liking it, calling it a scam, or any other disparaging term but it doesn't change the fact that it is legal. Nor will your bleating change that fact. Once again you prove yourself unable to change or accept reality as it is.