How do i contact my steward

haller

How do i find out my local number? And over the weekend. Just trying to get ready for Monday to see what happens. Buried driver's handtruck. They wanted me to fix it at wrap up, refused because i'm sick of that driver and his constant complaining so i did a :censored2: job. Called the driver some sweet somethings, went to HR and then home. I pulled the race card because this mother :censored2:er has made it quite personal. Complaining for 2 months while the other drivers' say nothing. I am neat as possible. Did not go to the managers, did not want to spoil their celebrating of Vet's day.

Last edited:

upschuck

If they say anything about it, request a steward, and they are required to stop talking, until one present.

Seems like an odd battle to fight, but I'm not in your shoes or circumstances.

haller

If they say anything about it, request a steward, and they are required to stop talking, until one present.

Seems like an odd battle to fight, but I'm not in your shoes or circumstances.

It's become a possible racial issue. I am a likeable person and people are friendly at my hub. Also sups have been rearranging my trucks for some time now. I have learned from this forum that i should be doing more against that.

upschuck

It's become a possible racial issue. I am a likeable person and people are friendly at my hub.
My guess is you won't hear a thing about it.

You worried about driver complaining to his sups, or your sups? If your sups had a problem with it, they should have talked to you about it Friday after you were finished. Driver sups don't really care, difficult loads happen to everyone.

haller

My guess is you won't hear a thing about it.

You worried about driver complaining to his sups, or your sups? If your sups had a problem with it, they should have talked to you about it Friday after you were finished. Driver sups don't really care, difficult loads happen to everyone.

Mine. The FT sup has been on my ass last month.

haller

If they keep me on this truck, i am so fed up with this driver that i will leave it an even bigger mess. I even rearrange overweights for this mother :censored2:er.

Do you have any of your co workers phone numbers? You could ask them.

Not trying to be a D* here. But you young guys and gals need to get your ass to a union meeting.

You should have a bulletin board at work with some Union stuff on it.

km3

If they keep me on this truck, i am so fed up with this driver that i will leave it an even bigger mess. I even rearrange overweights for this mother :censored2:er.

How can i win here. I want nothing to do with this driver. I almost fought.

Ignore him. Get some chewing gum, and smile whenever he talks to you, no matter what he says. The angrier he seems, the happier your face looks. That's always worked for me. It can be hard to change your habits if you're prone to explosive anger, as I was, but now I just let things go. It's way easier.

Definitely do not get caught sabotaging the operation...or at least in this case, his truck. Do the job, as you were trained, as best you can. If he complains to you, encourage him to complain to your supervisor and his. If you did the job right, and they see that, what's going to happen?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Yeah , don't do that . If the driver shows the sups the results of your sabotage , it would give credence to his complaints.

...and would result in him being sent back to the unload so fast his head would spin...

This is why I always leave my hand cart in the passenger area of the cab. Now, if you were to move and then bury it...