How do I do multiple left-ats?

AssistantSanta

I'm a helper on mostly residential route and been doing it for about a month. I don't get lost in the DIAD anymore with simple LAs like leaving a sig required package at neighbor's house, but I don't know how to do multiple Left-ats so they count as one stop or multiple stops according to whats appropriate.

How do I do these?

1.) Different street numbers, leave all packages at designated place at once by consignee policy, so a ton of packages and only count as one stop.

All packages are to be delivered to:
Housing Services Mail Room 100 Campus St

Street address is different for each consignee
225 Jones Hall
721 Jones Hall

2.) Same street address, all packages are to go to manager's office by building policy. All to count as one stop.
255 SW Queen Blvd, #124
255 SW Queen Blvd, #237

3.) Multiple buildings, try each apt, each attempt as one stop and all NIs to the manager's office. Multiple addresses.

12000 Whirlpool Ln, Apt C22, C23, C25
12212 Whirlpool Ln, Apt A12, B22, C10
12224 Whirlpool Ln, Apt B12,D14, C8

Each apt to be attempted, then all NAs to 12248 Whirlpool Ln

4.) Same address, different unit #s, each unit attempted, then delivered to manager's.

CFLBrown

I'm a helper on mostly residential route and been doing it for about a month. I don't get lost in the DIAD anymore with simple LAs like leaving a sig required package at neighbor's house, but I don't know how to do multiple Left-ats so they count as one stop or multiple stops according to whats appropriate.

How do I do these?

1.) Different street numbers, leave all packages at designated place at once by consignee policy, so a ton of packages and only count as one stop.

225 Jones Hall
721 Jones Hall

2.) Same street address, all packages are to go to manager's office by building policy. All to count as one stop.
255 SW Queen Blvd, #124
255 SW Queen Blvd, #237

3.) Multiple buildings, try each apt, each attempt as one stop and all NIs to the manager's office. Multiple addresses.

4.) Same address, different unit #s, each unit attempted, then delivered to manager's.

1. Treat as a normal stop. Scan all packages under the 1 address you are delivering to and stop complete.

2. Same as 1 OR scan each individual street address(ie scan all the apartments with the same street address together) as one stop and prerecord the stop. <--sure this will be debated.

3. After each attempt, prerecord the stop from the address screen in the diad.

4. Same as 3

To delivery mulitple prerecorded stops..
If you select prerecord it will let you view all your saved stops. You then select LA/Res for all the stops you wish to leave at the office. Hit signature key. Take sig, enter name, enter, stop complete, enter 1 for res and then you get a blank box as to the delivery location (similar to LA on a single stop) and just type in the appropriate location. "Office" works well.

AssistantSanta

1. Treat as a normal stop. Scan all packages under the 1 address you are delivering to and stop complete.
The office itself doesn't have a stop of its own as they don't get any packages addressed for them. So, let's say I just pick one package,do I have to hit "yes" for each address no match pop up?

Some campus dorms have different street number for each room. Some have same street address and different apt #s.
"(consignee name - school name, 100 campus bldg, City, State, zip" would be the actual street address so each package scanned will cause address no match pop up.

How do I do these?

225 Jones Hall
721 Jones Hall

255 SW Queen Blvd, #124
255 SW Queen Blvd, #237

let the driver do that crap. You aren't paid to do that kind of stuff just drop it and go your a helper. It's over in seven days then you are done.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I deliver to a local SUNY college and all of the packages for the facility and students are delivered to a central warehouse as one stop. I have to constantly hit "Y" for the DIAD to accept the packages which do not have the same address as the warehouse.

S

splozi

let the driver do that crap. You aren't paid to do that kind of stuff just drop it and go your a helper. It's over in seven days then you are done.

I kind of agree with that. My driver will even do some apartments himself 'cause unless you know where you're going, they can be annoying to locate at times.

But learning different DIAD stuff is kind of fun, imo. I can do mostly anything, but I've only done one call tag, and never a damaged call tag.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

There is little difference between a call tag and a damaged call tag. If the damaged call tag is not in EDD you have to identify it as a call tag and whether you are picking it up or delivering it.

Apartments and mulitple left-ats are not that hard to do. If your helper is comfortable with the DIAD teaching him/her how to do these can be a huge timesaver.

That being said----I have having a hard time believing Assisant Santa is a first-year helper.

BrownArmy

I deliver to a local SUNY college and all of the packages for the facility and students are delivered to a central warehouse as one stop. I have to constantly hit "Y" for the DIAD to accept the packages which do not have the same address as the warehouse.

One way around that problem is to scan your first package, put it into prerecord, then pull it back out of prerecord and continue scanning the remaining packages. The DIAD will no longer prompt you about the addresses not matching; the only downside is that the DIAD will no longer show how many pieces are left for the original address you scanned.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

One way around that problem is to scan your first package, put it into prerecord, then pull it back out of prerecord and continue scanning the remaining packages. The DIAD will no longer prompt you about the addresses not matching; the only downside is that the DIAD will no longer show how many pieces are left for the original address you scanned.

Thanks. I'm not sure which would be better/worse----hitting "Y" 30 or 40 times or not knowing if I delivered all of the packages for the stop.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Thanks. I'm not sure which would be better/worse----hitting "Y" 30 or 40 times or not knowing if I delivered all of the packages for the stop.
You can always make a mental note of how many there are before hitting the pre-record or if you trust your preloader you can just go for it and hope for the best. :happy-very:

UPSGUY72

This stop receives anywhere from 40 to 140 or more packages each day.
I do a stop like that at a College when i cover during peak the mail room gets well over 100 and sometime 200 pieces that are addressed to either one of the schools address or the student center with the PO box number.

Backlasher

Stronger, Faster, Browner
Say it's an apt. complex and the office takes your NI's. instead of NI just prerecord each stop. slap info o door with office writing on it.

When you go to office hit prereocord to bring up what ever amont of prerecored stops u have for the place and softkey Left at for them without opening them. hit the signature button and after sign stop complete. It will stop complete all the ones u soft keyed left at.

Watch for the savers and make sure u put them in as res or will come up as late.

Backlasher

Stronger, Faster, Browner
If the building all goes to office and u do not attempt them individually then just sheet them all under 1 stop or else u are padding stops.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
This stop receives anywhere from 40 to 140 or more packages each day.
How many different addresses are there? Is it feasible to have PAS automatically flip them the the rcvg address. I know we have done that for certain stops that have multiple shipping addresses but the number of addresses is limited, usually only a couple of separate addresses. Doing this would circumvent the need to hit accept for each different address.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

How many different addresses are there? Is it feasible to have PAS automatically flip them the the rcvg address. I know we have done that for certain stops that have multiple shipping addresses but the number of addresses is limited, usually only a couple of separate addresses. Doing this would circumvent the need to hit accept for each different address.

PAS does PAL them all to the same load location but does not change the address. There are at least 4-5 different addresses for the college itself and each dorm has their own separate address.

BrownArmy

I deliver to dorms as well, and find it much easier to make a mental note of how many packages are in total than it is to hit yes 150 times.

As upsguy72 says, you can always put the stop back into prerecord to doublecheck.