How do I get cut loose?

MeltedSnowman

I'm a seasonal P/T loader. I show up on time. My scans numbers are fine. I get along with my coworkers but I want to know when I get let go from UPS. No way in hell will I still on past peak. I'm guessing it will be some time next week? Maybe the 23rd? How does this process work? Do they wring one more day of work out of me and then show me the door?

PT Car Washer

Normally right before Christmas if the volume starts to fall off. Bad weather and backed up loads could keep you working right up to Christmas. Some will be kept until the second week in January but again it all depends on the volume.

rod

Retired 22 years
If you have many return warehouses around you they may keep you til January 15 or even ask you to stay on.

That's the best one I've heard all day. I hope you aren't serious. I know they like to promise all kinds of BS to get the maximum amount out of the peak help but seriously---ask someone to stay on
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
That's the best one I've heard all day. I hope you aren't serious. I know they like to promise all kinds of BS to get the maximum amount out of the peak help but seriously---ask someone to stay on
Every seasonal preloader I've ever known that was worth a damn and wanted a perm position had one by March.

rod

Retired 22 years
Every seasonal preloader I've ever known that was worth a damn and wanted a perm position had one by March.

Not around here. For as long as I can remember UPS has laid off about a third of the FULL TIME work force after peak for anywhere up to about 2 months which means that the pre-loaders get bumped out. Anyone hired just for peak is toast.

F

FrigidAdCorrector

I'm asking all of my seasonals to stay. We had several stay last year. Actually all of the guys on my sort right now were seasonal at one point.

MeltedSnowman

Right now the volume is high at my hub but there are plenty of people working so it is manageable. The only time the belt really backs up occurs when the yard spotters can't get a new trailer to the bay door in time. Next week at this time it could all be over for me. :grouphug: