How do I get my job back?

In the beginning of March, someone ran a red light and struck me as I was taking a left onto feeder road. The gentleman driving was going so fast he destroyed the front end of the package car. I was ticketed for having a suspended license since 2018 but started driving with UPS in 2019 which is impossible because they would have caught it and not let me drive, right? There was a mix up in the DPS but because of the pandemic I have to wait till August 2021 to get it fixed by court. I was terminated. In December my union rep talked me into resigning, so I did. I never went in front of a panel to speak my side or truth. My union rep told me he had no idea who put neg rehire, but I feel he did. He said they'd agree id have a positive rehire. I called HR because I was trying to get back into work at least for preload. They told me I have a negative rehire status and the only one who could change it was my reporting manager. Now there are tons of Men there that have had the same thing happen to them and they got their job back, but They wont let me start back from the bottom? I just feel I was discriminated against for being a woman and now i cant work in any UPS facility indefinitely. What should I do to try and earn my job back?

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
You're toast, not much to do even if you and peers put up a protest.
This is, however, the third time I've heard of a BA roll over dead as soon as the company plays the safety card. They are not a miracle worker, nor are they a company mediator, that's what the panel is for. Let people batter their sups for as long as possible even if it's a dead case.

Last edited:

Indecisi0n

In the beginning of March, someone ran a red light and struck me as I was taking a left onto feeder road. The gentleman driving was going so fast he destroyed the front end of the package car. I was ticketed for having a suspended license since 2018 but started driving with UPS in 2019 which is impossible because they would have caught it and not let me drive, right? There was a mix up in the DPS but because of the pandemic I have to wait till August 2021 to get it fixed by court. I was terminated. In December my union rep talked me into resigning, so I did. I never went in front of a panel to speak my side or truth. My union rep told me he had no idea who put neg rehire, but I feel he did. He said they'd agree id have a positive rehire. I called HR because I was trying to get back into work at least for preload. They told me I have a negative rehire status and the only one who could change it was my reporting manager. Now there are tons of Men there that have had the same thing happen to them and they got their job back, but They wont let me start back from the bottom? I just feel I was discriminated against for being a woman and now i cant work in any UPS facility indefinitely. What should I do to try and earn my job back?
Discriminated for being a women ! Haha
You resigned , you’re done.

Zowert

Shouldn’t have resigned but that’s the past now. You can keep trying every possible way to get rehired though, I hope you can get your job back. Best of luck.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
4713D75E-68F0-4C55-81FA-BFA0E7394144.gif

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star

Your union rep can't "put neg rehire" in the system. Hope this helps. Did you get a withdrawal card from the union?

Integrity

Binge Poster
What was the benefit to you that led you to resign?

When I was Shop Steward I never saw any benefit to a persons resigning under any circumstance that I was involved in as Steward, I always felt getting fired was a better outcome for the individual.

I felt that sometimes the Union officials might want the person to resign in particular hard cases where the firing might or most likely will be upheld.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
It sounds like your BA traded your job to get somebody else's back. You shouldn't have resigned, that's like admitting you are guilty even if your not due to your state's DMV screwing up.

542thruNthru

What was the benefit to you that led you to resign?

When I was Shop Steward I never saw any benefit to a persons resigning under any circumstance that I was involved in as Steward, I always felt getting fired was a better outcome for the individual.

I felt that sometimes the Union officials might want the person to resign in particular hard cases where the firing might or most likely will be upheld.
Depends on the case. We've had guys with 20 years do something really dumb and the odds of them getting their jobs back was slim to none.

Resigning let them use UPS to help get another job because they quit on their own terms. Instead of fired.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
When the accident occurred, were you a legally licensed driver or not?

Now if you were, it sounds like you will need legal help to overcome the bureaucracy involved and get your job back.

If you were not a legally licensed driver, have a nice day.