How do I quit FedEx Express as a package handler?

iDC

Hey guys I'm a 23 year old male who's been working with the company for 3 months now and decided to move in another direction. I decided on January 27 being my last day so I still have a little over 3 weeks left, but I was wondering how should I inform my manager through a resignation letter or through conversation. I don't ever plan on returning back to FedEx.

Thank you

Schweddy

Balls
I guess it depends on your relationship with your boss. I'd give them a simple letter. And you could do it now or next week, like Friday the 13th. lol. But I'd recommend at least a two weeks notice for most bosses, if possible.

bbsam

Staff member
Hey guys I'm a 23 year old male who's been working with the company for 3 months now and decided to move in another direction. I decided on January 27 being my last day so I still have a little over 3 weeks left, but I was wondering how should I inform my manager through a resignation letter or through conversation. I don't ever plan on returning back to FedEx.

Thank you
Walk up, tell him and thank him for the opportunity. Even if you hate the company, most management is screwed from above as well as below. Give the guy a break.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
If he gives notice and is terminated he'd still be due pay for the 2 weeks.
giphy.gif

Wait NY brownie, u not working today?

Yea, 2 weeks is a good rule... So did your station had lots of temps this peak? If so, u can probably cut it down to 1 week notice

It will be fine

This will vary depending upon what state he lives in.
Just looked it up, it doesn't look like that's required anywhere. If an employee is "at will" they can be dropped without pay immediately. Employers are only obligated to pay for time worked. I guess it's just bad form to terminate people that give notice.

bbsam

Staff member
Just looked it up, it doesn't look like that's required anywhere. If an employee is "at will" they can be dropped without pay immediately. Employers are only obligated to pay for time worked. I guess it's just bad form to terminate people that give notice.
That would be a d-bag thing to do.

iDC

giphy.gif

Wait NY brownie, u not working today?

Yea, 2 weeks is a good rule... So did your station had lots of temps this peak? If so, u can probably cut it down to 1 week notice

I would say that we did I mean the parking lot is back to normal I have no trouble find a spot lol, but we've already got 3 new hires