How do i use this Scanner Pictured on this Link

BoxHead

Hey Guys i just started doing Package Handling at UPS as a loader and the trainer really rushed through most of the things didnt really go in depth about how to log in and out of the scanner how do i log in and out of this scanner what is the procedure after i am finished with my load? like how do i check my load then log out can you list the basic functions please? this is how the scanner looks like btw, http://assets.bizjournals.com/atlanta/news/ups scanner 2012.jpg?v=1

p228

Look at the bottom of the screen. That will give you the available actions. For example, at the start screen one choice is 'Login (F5)'. To perform that action push the blue (function) key and 5.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Your part time sup will be happy to get you logged in and ready to work. After a few days you'll have it down. Those are the new scanners that just came out last year. You follow the soft keys for the most part but you have to hit that button in the bottom left corner before almost everything. These scanners are cool cuz they can read the small square QR bar code instead of just the big bar code.

vin

​I haven't used the new scanners for loading much but I do use them in my current bid of revenue auditing and the setup/login procedure is the same. Your trainer will be working 1 on 1 with you for the first few days so if you have any questions you can ask him/her.

1. Get a scanner head and base and battery and make sure the numbers match or the device won't associate. Attach the battery to the scanner head and wait a few seconds for the lights to cycle.

2. Press the second button from the bottom of the buttons along the lest hand side of the screen (I don't remember what it is called) and the P1 button at the same time. It should tell you to press the cordless imager button. Press enter and the press the button on the side of the scanner head. It sould now say that the device has been associated. Press enter again.

3. It will now ask you to confirm that the sort and date are correct, which they should be. Press Shift (the button with the blue circle around it) + F5 to confirm. Scan your login ID and Shift + F5 again. Select work area using the arrow keys on the botom right and Shift + F5.

You should now be logged in and ready to go. Scan into whatever load you will be working in. While you are scanning, you can press Esc once to go back to the load setup screen. From there you can see how many loads you have been in, how many scans you have, etc. Press Esc again to go back to the device status screen. Useful to see what time it is.

barnyard

KTM rider
I suggest coming in early one day and just fiddle around with it and go over logging in and out a few times with your PT supe.

I would suggest doing any and all training after being punched in. You do not give UPS training time. If the trainer did not train you properly, they need to redo the training.

p228

​I haven't used the new scanners for loading much but I do use them in my current bid of revenue auditing and the setup/login procedure is the same. Your trainer will be working 1 on 1 with you for the first few days so if you have any questions you can ask him/her.

1. Get a scanner head and base and battery and make sure the numbers match or the device won't associate. Attach the battery to the scanner head and wait a few seconds for the lights to cycle.

2. Press the second button from the bottom of the buttons along the lest hand side of the screen (I don't remember what it is called) and the P1 button at the same time. It should tell you to press the cordless imager button. Press enter and the press the button on the side of the scanner head. It sould now say that the device has been associated. Press enter again.

That is the shift key

3. It will now ask you to confirm that the sort and date are correct, which they should be. Press Shift (the button with the blue circle around it) + F5 to confirm. Scan your login ID and Shift + F5 again. Select work area using the arrow keys on the botom right and Shift + F5.

Push the blue key not shift. Shift is above the blue key.

You should now be logged in and ready to go. Scan into whatever load you will be working in. While you are scanning, you can press Esc once to go back to the load setup screen. From there you can see how many loads you have been in, how many scans you have, etc. Press Esc again to go back to the device status screen. Useful to see what time it is.

tre305

The hell kind of scanner is that? We don't have those at my building yet, we're still using the old GSS scanners that disconnect and loose sync every 5 minutes and even if they drop from less than a foot that annoying ass screaming beep it makes.....

I have seen those scanners being used in other nearby hubs and supposedly when they get even newer scanners we'll get the old ones which they call hand me downs. I do like how they are touch screen though.

vin

Sorry about that. I can log in pretty much without thinking about it but trying to remember everything without one in front of me was hard. It did take me a few days to get the hang of logging in quickly and easily. One of the problems was that the sup would associate the scanner and head for me and then give it to me to log in. At the end of the night they would sometimes disassociate because the scanner head battery was low. I was trying to reassociate it with the blue function key and not the shift key. I did get it figured out eventually, lol.

As has been stated before, make sure you are punched in when doing any sort of training. you probably won't get everything right away so don't be afraid to ask questions, that is why the trainer is there working with you.

vin

I wasn't able to find any way to edit my previous post so here it is with the correct instructions.

2. Press the Shift button (second button from the bottom of the buttons along the left hand side of the screen) and the P1 button at the same time. It should tell you to press the cordless imager button. Press enter and the press the button on the side of the scanner head. It should now say that the device has been associated. Press enter again.

3. It will now ask you to confirm that the sort and date are correct, which they should be. Press F5 (the button with the blue circle around it and the number 5 in the numeric keys on the right) to confirm. Scan your login ID and F5 again. Select work area using the arrow keys on the bottom right and F5.

To log out go to the device status screen (the one with the time) and press F5. Press enter to confirm that you want to exit the application and then F5 again to log out.

BoxHead

Thank you for helping me instead of giving me an irrelevant useless answer like most of the people have i hate when they do that smh..