How do out of state driver transfers work?

BrownThunder

Hello BC, I come to you humbly and sincerely for your honest opinions.

TLDR - california is stupid expensive can I pick up and land a ups driving job in Texas?

I am a 2 year Driver and I absolutely love the gig. Some parts suck but overall I love it. I drive out out of a Bay Area hub in Northern California.

I am currently in Texas visiting my Father and his Wife and he is trying to convince my wife and I to move out here. We drove around his and other neighborhoods so we could see what $400,000 houses look like.

Personally I am blown away with what you can get for your money out here. Hes telling me the school districts are top notch so paying for private school (our current plan, the baby is 3 right now) wont be needed.

How possible do you think it would be to Transfer to the Houston hub and within a reasonable timeframe get up amd running as a driver?

My step mother claims to know someone who either is or was a district manager for this Area.

Any input? Its been weighing heavily on me for a few hours so I figured Id ask the family.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

rod

Retired 22 years
Familys are abandoning California left and right and moving to Texas. For what they sell their houses for in Cali. they can live like kings in Tx.

jaker

trolling
Are you in the western conference, because I know we can transfer but don't know if Texas is one states and usually transfers take awhile

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
I'm in the Bay Area too...the only out of state transfers HR said I could do were Reno and South Lake Tahoe...I think you would have to quit and reapply

ManInBrown

New Jersey here. 177. We can't transfer anywhere but in the district. Absolutely :censored2:. I would be out of here so fast if I could. I rent a one BR apt in a nice building. $2000.00 a month. I could live like a king in the Midwest. NJ sucks. No way I'm quitting and starting all over. Next contract will probably be even longer to top out, and who knows if it will be two tier. I wish I moved first and then applied for the job.

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
New Jersey here. 177. We can't transfer anywhere but in the district. Absolutely :censored2:. I would be out of here so fast if I could. I rent a one BR apt in a nice building. $2000.00 a month. I could live like a king in the Midwest. NJ sucks. No way I'm quitting and starting all over. Next contract will probably be even longer to top out, and who knows if it will be two tier. I wish I moved first and then applied for the job.
I'd love to pay 2,000 for an apartment....

ManInBrown

I'd love to pay 2,000 for an apartment....
So I'm going to assume you live in San Fran? Because that's the only place more expensive than Jersey. And you guys actually get something for your money. Nice weather year round and a beautiful place to live. I get nothing but cold winters and corrupt politicians.

MAKAVELI

$2000 for Jersey does suck. You can find a nice 1 br in SoCal for $2000.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Familys are abandoning California left and right and moving to Texas. For what they sell their houses for in Cali. they can live like kings in Tx.
Back in the 90's & 00's it was AZ, NV, OR and WA.
I think the ex-Calis drove prices up to where TX has come into play.
We even have a lot of ex-Cali's here in Atlanta area.