How do RPCDs cope with Endless Peak??

Wyoming

Welcome thoughts, as we are getting burned out here, as is everyone else. Can't imagine if this volume level continues until November, and then further ignites for Holiday Peak. May God have mercy on us all.

GenericUsername

Burn out eventually, have an accident at work, then be off the road for a few months while you put off that inevitable surgery while pushing a broom around the center for a few hours a day.

Realistically? Man the friend up and be prepared each day for 200+ stops. Stay hydrated, stretch, and pace yourself. You'll either get help or you'll get a fat check. Personally, I'm good for 25ish stops an hour in a tighter resi area up until about 95 degrees, but after that, I drop to 15 an hour and stay as cool as possible.

542thruNthru

Do 10 stops, take a 3 min break.. rinse and repeat.

If you're as bad as the rest of us they are not looking at numbers and just praying you are coming in. I'm doing the same stops a day as a 9.5 day but in 12 hours.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
This is what I write on the back of my Infonotices every morning. Date, days left until retirement in the circle, beginning odometer reading, planned miles, and air/stops number. 155 stops is a 9.5 day on my route. One day at a time, I have about 76 work days left.
7OyyHrHzTHiBI4wRif4z7A.jpg

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
They’re only boxes.....deliver fast, slow, average, in the end they’re still just boxes. Find a pace that works and it’s as simple as “drive, park, deliver, repeat”.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
You must be driving an international

2006 P-700 Freightliner with Mercedes engine I have been fighting to keep. They have been junking every P-700 they can. I got mine new and have taken care of it. I hope it lasts until October, I despise the new cars.

Over70irregs

Do 10 stops, take a 3 min break.. rinse and repeat.

If you're as bad as the rest of us they are not looking at numbers and just praying you are coming in. I'm doing the same stops a day as a 9.5 day but in 12 hours.
Doing same stops as 9.5 day in 12 hours.....words to live/deliver by.

preloader2driver

One box at a time. When you’re done your done. Even if it takes 14 hrs. Don’t send me help. If it’s in my car I’ll get it done. They don’t like when you work 13-14 hr days back to back.