How do y'all tackle this?

AlliSeeisBrown

So it's my 3rd day of being alone as a driver after 5 days of being with a supe. I'm comfortable with my route, the diad and driving but this is one thing that has completely messed me up. This morning I had to leave 12 pieces on the belt because they simply would not fit. My car was blown out from head to toe. I got so far behind from going off trace to deliver the bulk stops to help lighten the load, but I pretty much had to unload the car to find all of the pieces each and every time. I have a smaller car so it's tough as hell to work out of with a heavy load. Just wondering how you all tackle these kinds of situations.

Rack em

Made the Podium
It's peak, deliver what you can and if you have to go back to a few stops then oh well.

I've been able to see packages buried and just kept going because it's gonna take more time to dig the out than to just come back later on.

KingofFluff

So it's my 3rd day of being alone as a driver after 5 days of being with a supe. I'm comfortable with my route, the diad and driving but this is one thing that has completely messed me up. This morning I had to leave 12 pieces on the belt because they simply would not fit. My car was blown out from head to toe. I got so far behind from going off trace to deliver the bulk stops to help lighten the load, but I pretty much had to unload the car to find all of the pieces each and every time. I have a smaller car so it's tough as hell to work out of with a heavy load. Just wondering how you all tackle these kinds of situations.
Paid by the hour bro. Ask your stupidvisor what to do, then do that. Follow there instuctions. Make money. Go home. Repeat. Cash check. Drink beer.

StoptheAct1212

If things dont fit, try to leave certain things out.... and write down the pal or prerecord the stop, so you know what you left behind. always try and get all big things out, try and work them in, on they way out to your route or with your airs...
Do your airs, then do your best, its a struggle.. everything not 1000, or 2000 pal. try and move to back of truck... your going to be re arranged this truck about 95 times in a day, till you have room to organize properly. empty a section and rearrange , thats it... and if your in different areas , try and find it all. it only gets worse... wait to you get the late air meets... good luck

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
This is where the good drivers gain tons of time over newbies or people who have no common sense. Old guys don't out hustle new drivers... they out think them. Your goal is to touch the fewest number of packages possible during the day. If you are sorting the same 1k to 4k packages over and over you are making your job too hard. After a few shelves are clear this job becomes much easier.

I always tried to cherry pick what I would leave out. If the irregs were next to a couple of slow residential stops they came off as well if I could find them. That and anything I knew would get ripped up or would need moved constantly. If I was going out bricked with 290 stops I could not care less if a newbie in a budget truck has his stop count bounce from 45 to 50 stops because of me.

I would also run an area I knew I would be back through later first if possible. That way I didn't feel like I needed to get every stop at the beginning.

Dr.Brownz

Go break off and deliver all the big stuff in the middle if possible. But if not then idk leave resi's behind and go back to get them after bussiness's?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
This is where the good drivers gain tons of time over newbies or people who have no common sense. Old guys don't out hustle new drivers... they out think them. Your goal is to touch the fewest number of packages possible during the day. If you are sorting the same 1k to 4k packages over and over you are making your job too hard. After a few shelves are clear this job becomes much easier.

I always tried to cherry pick what I would leave out. If the irregs were next to a couple of slow residential stops they came off as well if I could find them. That and anything I knew would get ripped up or would need moved constantly. If I was going out bricked with 290 stops I could not care less if a newbie in a budget truck has his stop count bounce from 45 to 50 stops because of me.

I would also run an area I knew I would be back through later first if possible. That way I didn't feel like I needed to get every stop at the beginning.
Who in the hell is fitting 1,000-4,000 packages in a package car?

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
Who in the hell is fitting 1,000-4,000 packages in a package car?

Do you not have the 1,000 through 4,000 sections up front? I assumed it would be implied I was talking about those shelves since I mentioned sorting the same packages over and over and clearing shelf space...

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
My first stop today was to a business. They ordered 2 dorm fridges and 2 microwaves. I was happy to get rid of them because I needed the room..

They refused them !!!!
Said they tried cancelling the order!!!

I wanted to rip her head off her body !!!
Don't screw me when I have 190 stops in a P7 !

AlliSeeisBrown

Seasonal hire?
I'm an RTD, came out of the hub.

Thanks for the tips guys. Today was quite a bit better. Got my bulks off as soon as I made my air commits.

Also, here stems another question. There's a business park that I have multiple stops at every day, I made friends with one guy in one of the suites. They don't even use their dock/freight area. I asked him today if I could place my residential bulks in his dock and come back and pick them up later before he leaves. He told me the code to the bay door and said "use it anytime, whatever gets you through the day a little easier". I thought, "Ace in the hole", but I'm not sure if were allowed to do this.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I made friends with one guy in one of the suites. They don't even use their dock/freight area. I asked him today if I could place my residential bulks in his dock and come back and pick them up later before he leaves. He told me the code to the bay door and said "use it anytime, whatever gets you through the day a little easier". I thought, "Ace in the hole", but I'm not sure if were allowed to do this.

I wouldn't leave packages with somebody I just met. Somebody could do some free Christmas shopping until you came back.

JackStraw

My first stop today was to a business. They ordered 2 dorm fridges and 2 microwaves. I was happy to get rid of them because I needed the room..

They refused them !!!!
Said they tried cancelling the order!!!

I wanted to rip her head off her body !!!
Don't screw me when I have 190 stops in a P7 !
Leave at the stop. Come back later.

Coldworld

60 months and counting

Thanks for the tips guys. Today was quite a bit better. Got my bulks off as soon as I made my air commits.

Also, here stems another question. There's a business park that I have multiple stops at every day, I made friends with one guy in one of the suites. They don't even use their dock/freight area. I asked him today if I could place my residential bulks in his dock and come back and pick them up later before he leaves. He told me the code to the bay door and said "use it anytime, whatever gets you through the day a little easier". I thought, "Ace in the hole", but I'm not sure if were allowed to do this.
This is dangerous....if something goes missing then it could be on you....respect your customers but don't fully trust them because even some of the best ones have burned drivers before... Trust me on this have seen it quite often..

PT Car Washer

If you trust this guy it sounds like a real winner. I am sure LP would not approve.