How do y'all tackle this?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I wouldn't leave packages with somebody I just met. Somebody could do some free Christmas shopping until you came back.

One of our former on cars used to let the guys use his garage for this purpose but I would have to agree with Scratch that it would be best not do this with someone that you just met. That would be just asking for trouble.

Pooter

Also, here stems another question. I asked him today if I could place my residential bulks in his dock and come back and pick them up later before he leaves.....

First, ask a ORS for permission so they aren't blindsided if something goes wrong.

Second, I would only use it for a few irregs.

Easier to track what you left behind and a bitch to steal :D

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Once you relinquish possesion of packages, you increase your liability and chance of losing packages.

In my case, not one brain cell thought of leaving these huge boxes at the customer's location. I'm paid to deal with it.

AlliSeeisBrown

Contacted my ORS this morning about this and he said that a lot of drivers in the center do this on their routes, but you accept responsibility if something goes wrong. So, point taken, I think I'll just deal with it and break trace a few times to deliver the irregs.

After said conversation they sent me home because I only have 4 DOT hours left and "we can't really do much anything in 4 hours". This is what happens after they begged me to come in today.

Savvy412

My first stop today was to a business. They ordered 2 dorm fridges and 2 microwaves. I was happy to get rid of them because I needed the room..

They refused them !!!!
Said they tried cancelling the order!!!

I wanted to rip her head off her body !!!
Don't screw me when I have 190 stops in a P7 !

I call my sup when that happens and I make them bring a air driver out and pick them up for me

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
I call my sup when that happens and I make them bring a air driver out and pick them up for me

Could have been an option.
I've done it with a closed bulk stop before.
It's tough to justify asking during peak with everybody slammed.
Fortunately, I was able to find a way to do it.

Browntrk1

So it's my 3rd day of being alone as a driver after 5 days of being with a supe. I'm comfortable with my route, the diad and driving but this is one thing that has completely messed me up. This morning I had to leave 12 pieces on the belt because they simply would not fit. My car was blown out from head to toe. I got so far behind from going off trace to deliver the bulk stops to help lighten the load, but I pretty much had to unload the car to find all of the pieces each and every time. I have a smaller car so it's tough as hell to work out of with a heavy load. Just wondering how you all tackle these kinds of situations.
Tell your supervisor you can't get to anything and that you want to work from EDD so you can deliver from the bulkhead back. That will allow you to start clearing space until you can actually move around back there. It'll make it so you can't use ORION very functionally later in the day but all the time you waist looking for things and back tracking for stops you couldn't find is much worse. Obviously target bulk stops and irregs if you can get them off while running your airs.