How do you all deal with the "stress" that is upon us now....

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I know some handle it better than others...what personally helps you on a daily basis from dealing with a poor customer all the way up to the company trying to fire you...and everything in between???

packageguy

I been doing it so long it's part of my day. As bad as the day is or gets I won't let them get to me. Just come to work everyday and do the job they trained us to do.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Keep my eye on the prize. And cuss alot.
And remembering I get paid on Friday, and will for as long as I want, as long as I work safe, and dont get drawn into the move faster, doing more with less time, that causes people to cut corners, which corners can all now be seen,.

Last edited:
stress? what stress?!! I stopped caring what they said when I realized they turned delivering boxes into rocket science. Ill start caring again when they pay me like a rocket scientist!

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I reread Article 28 Section2 of the Western Region Supplement..."Discharges and Suspensions"....and find immediate gratitude in the fact that, unlike those who "manage" me, I am not a frightened little peon who must chase an impossible number every day in order to justify his position at the company trough.

upserr1

I look at as a job a well paying job with good benefits I work safe and do as I was trained.Work as directed at a comfortable pace.At the end of the day I go home and forget about it.No sense in getting worked up they don't care about you why stress out about it.As long as your giving your best what more can you give.One day at time one stop at time.

curiousbrain

I use the frustration of the job to compel me to better myself by finishing my education, finding a higher paying occupation, and offering UPS a chance to match it. If they do, great; if they don't, just the same.

The worse my day at UPS is the harder I work at my other jobs and my personal hobbies to produce something fruitful that I can be paid for.

Cementups

Box Monkey
serenity_now.jpg
serenity_now.jpg

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Sober's avatar and this threaqd reminded me of a quote from One flew....

McMurphy: I must be crazy to be in a loony bin like this

Way back when, we had a Center Manager we nicknamed "Nurse Ratched"

[video=youtube;jReNeEHH2lQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jReNeEHH2lQ[/video]