How do you all deal with the "stress" that is upon us now....

A

anonymous6

MY NEW NAME IS PATHETIC, coined by my center manager, I was an hour late yesterday. Of course he didnt know I was diadless for 2 hrs, had to deliver the old way, and then put it in when I got a new board. thought that was rather callous, so I think I will be pathetic all week. And my pickups were not listed properly or the pathetic person who is 100% every day in pu compliance would have been 0% in compliance. There were 9 people more pathetic than I, but I got the prize of being pathetic. So I will drag my pathetic arse to work for 3 more days, and when I get tired, Ill just remember I am pathetic, and I wont stress anym ore.

sorry to hear about this. your center manager sounds like a small person.

A

anonymous6

Take a step back from the work, take a deep breath, stop worrying about getting fired. Thats the company's way of telling you to go faster. Don't try to screw them, but work just like a sup is with you. You don't need to run. Remember, the best way to get back at them, FOLLOW THEIR RULES. Take your breaks and lunches, stop calling your pickups, follow EDD if you have it, start holding them accountable for everything. Don't they do that to you?

very, very good. basically they can;t have their cake and eat it too.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Art 28 Sec 2 of the Western Supplement is a list of the "cardinal infractions" that you can be fired for without going through the progressive discipline process.

It basically means that as long as I avoid doing things like committing felonies, physically assaulting my coworkers, coming to work drunk/stoned, dealing dope or maliciously damaging company property....my job is secure and unlike management I dont need to fear being fired simply because I couldnt live up to someone elses impossible expectations.

True sober..but they are riding with people and documenting EVERYTHING the driver is doing wrong and disciplining them...it's happening here and in other places...they are pushing this because that's all they have. I agree with what you are saying but article 28 isn't going to make the driver who is getting ojs every week and getting beat down feel much better about their circumstance...jmo

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
True sober..but they are riding with people and documenting EVERYTHING the driver is doing wrong and disciplining them...it's happening here and in other places...they are pushing this because that's all they have. I agree with what you are saying but article 28 isn't going to make the driver who is getting ojs every week and getting beat down feel much better about their circumstance...jmo

The key is to mentally turn the situation around 180 degrees.

You can choose to feel beat down and victimized by the harassment....or instead you can choose to feel sorry for the frightened, pathetic little man with the clipboard who is so desperate to justify his own job that he must find ( or invent) things about your job to complain about.

23 years ago I had an on-car sup confront me about my "overallowed" problem. He took me aside, got in my face, and told me that if I wasnt "running scratch" by the end of the week he would fire me. I was new and young and naive, and his threats intimidated me enough that I knuckled under and skipped my lunch and breaks...which was his entire goal in the first place.

This particular supervisor wound up getting fired a few years back on a trumped-up charge of dishonesty. He was 54 years old and only about 8 months away from being eligible for his full pension and company-paid medical benefits when they whacked him. These people shoot their wounded and eat their young.

Guess what---I'm still here.:happy-very: