How do YOU audit your airs before leaving?

FilingBluesFL

I got a surprise "methods ride" the other day.

Got to the car, and began auditing the airs to "ensure all airs are on car, and there are no misloads or missing airs."

I assumed every time they specifically said to do that, and when they hand out a sheet of paper that have the airs listed on it, that we were to look at the airs on the shelf, make sure that each air that is in the board or on the piece of paper are present and accounted for, and in order, with nothing missing and nothing extra.

I was informed by the on-road that is NOT the proper method, I was just to count how many airs were in the board, and how many were on the shelf, and that was it.

Once again, receiving conflicting instructions.

Much to my satisfaction, I DID find a misloaded air, and made sure to point out I never would have found it had I not been doing what I was doing. But of course, that was completely wrong of me...

Idiots. They're all idiots.

So what do you do in your building? Just curious. Like with everything else, instructions change when it's convenient for Supervisors to harass someone.

CHALLY9TX

Count what's in the Diad. Check what's in your truck to make sure there are no misloads. Don't use the paper they print out. They print out that paper before some of the airs have made it to the hub so you might have extra air not listed on the paper.

Billy Ray

God, help us all.....
Get in the truck, crank the truck, leave.

Note: My airs are all over the truck, plus buried in bulk stops. Ain't nobody can't time for that.

Shifting Contents

Most Help Needed
Get in the truck, crank the truck, leave.

Note: My airs are all over the truck, plus buried in bulk stops. Ain't nobody can't time for that.
Glad you're doin everything you can to ensure good service to our customers

You and fred would be besties

I look at my Diad to see what I have and then ensure every corresponding pkg is there

Scottyhawk

What is it? A brown box. Duh
I count the number of air packages, and look at the spa to verify they belong on the truck, if I have time I will put them in delivery order. if I am missing any, I send a message to center before leaving building.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
I don't get edd till the pcm. They don't release it till then. After my walk around inspection. Ck my 1st page for air. I leave.. All air is in my 1000 section. Most days. 1-2 maybe

werenotthepostoffice

deep down inside I really do not care
I line things up according to size,shape,weight and fancy printing on the outside of the box gets moved to the front. Boxes from Comcast and Amazon are thrown out of the truck as I pull out of the building. I hope this helps you.

oldngray

nowhere special
I count the number of air packages, and look at the spa to verify they belong on the truck, if I have time I will put them in delivery order. if I am missing any, I send a message to center before leaving building.

Which is why it is stupid for UPS to sometimes insist airs be in the load in your first sections because some IE geek insists it saves time. It takes you 2 to 3 times as long to dig out the airs and verify you have them. I had a constant struggle with management about it.

werenotthepostoffice

deep down inside I really do not care
Which is why it is stupid for UPS to sometimes insist airs be in the load in your first sections because some IE geek insists it saves time. It takes you 2 to 3 times as long to dig out the airs and verify you have them. I had a constant struggle with management about it.
Why struggle with management? Just do what they tell you to do and document it. Make that stuff blow up in their face.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I count my number of air in my DIAD once I download during the PCM. I have my Preloader stack my air behind my car. I take a tote box and I sort them in the delivery order I decide to run. I don't like hunting for air on the shelf. I then use my tote box for a trash can all day. I used to throw my small pickups in it, but I talked my supervisor into removing them. I just deliver all day now, I don't have to break off in the middle the day.

oldngray

nowhere special
I count my number of air in my DIAD once I download during the PCM. I have my Preloader stack my air behind my car. I take a tote box and I sort them in the delivery order I decide to run. I don't like hunting for air on the shelf. I then use my tote box for a trash can all day. I used to throw my small pickups in it, but I talked my supervisor into removing them. I just deliver all day now, I don't have to break off in the middle the day.

Preload sups don't like seeing those packages stacked behind the trucks. They think it looks better to have it look clean with everything tossed in the trucks.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Preload sups don't like seeing those packages stacked behind the trucks.

And that's why we have a lousy Preload in my building. Most of our Preload Supervisors were hired off the street and are completely clueless about delivering anything. They don't even train our Preloaders to lip load anymore, its pathetic.

barnyard

KTM rider
I check the air on section 1 with my diad. Mostly looking for misloads. Lots of new people crawling around our building. Find 1 or 2 misloads a week.