How do you deal with houses with no address numbers on them?

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
You're driving along watching the mailbox numbers, looking for the next stop. Suddenly, house after house has no numbers displayed whatsoever. Then the next number you see is way ahead of what you were looking for. Alternatively, you have a lane with a bunch of mailboxes at the front. But when you get to the end, you find a toilet of houses and trailers with not a single number.

What do you do about this? I usually try to knock on the door of the house I suspect and ask. Not always effective. But if I have one more follow-up because of numberless houses, I swear I will no-such-number their stuff every day until I see a number.

upschuck

With the mailbox scenario, I count the number of boxes to which the box goes to, then from the appropriate side of the lane, count the abodes until I reach the correct one. Works 95% of the time, and the other 5%, people normally take box and deliver it themselves.

thebrownbomber

I wish they would make a commercial were a UPS driver has a NDA of medicine for a customer and they can't find a house number. Driver sheets it as NSN and customer really needs the meds. Commercial ends and screen says put numbers on your house or this may happen, pan back and the person is laying on the floor!

Sent using BrownCafe App

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I wish they would make a commercial were a UPS driver has a NDA of medicine for a customer and they can't find a house number. Driver sheets it as NSN and customer really needs the meds. Commercial ends and screen says put numbers on your house or this may happen, pan back and the person is laying on the floor!

Sent using BrownCafe App

Marketing 101----attract customers, don't piss them off.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone

Sent using BrownCafe App
A nice PSA from your local UPS center. Every time I see a house like this I think how I have all the time in the world to get them their package but if they ever need an ambulance they're friend:censored2:d.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Yup, No such #. I get paid to deliver a package to 123 Main street. Well, if I see 119 and then down the road see 137 but you have no posted address, then how the hell do I know where to drop it. I don't want to grt follow ups for misdeliveries