How Do You Feel About This?

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
Well then the supervisor should be asking you if you want to leave or stay before sending someone of lower seniority home. Plain and Simple.

No they do not have to ask if you want to go home based on seniority, You have the right to work based on seniority not the right to go home.

The highest seniority people have the right to the most hours, the union does not protect the right to go home based on seniority!!

Sorry try another argument!!

over9five

Staff member
No they do not have to ask if you want to go home based on seniority, You have the right to work based on seniority not the right to go home.

The highest seniority people have the right to the most hours, the union does not protect the right to go home based on seniority!!

Maybe in your sorry local. You should really bring that up at your next local meeting, and try to get that fixed.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS

If you were here, in our area, you would be exactly - wrong. If someone goes home it goes from the top down. It is protected by the union, I know, I have filed on it.

brownrodster

I mean the one guy who does retain only knows retain, and he uses the excuse that doesnt know the sort when he gets asked to help out on a diff trailer. " oh, I dont know the sort" and he gets out of it :(, so me the guy who knows every single detail, gets to do it. Thats the only thing that bugs me

I think you have answered all your own questions :happy2: I think you are at the point where you either become a supervisor or start forgetting how to do some things.

brownrodster

lol just quit...ur an idiot man...its not about the money , ive already stated my income doesnt come from UPS, 130 dollar checks are nothing to me, its all about the benifits until more opportunity opens up within the company if the economy gets better...its just the principle of me being the guy to do everyones job...but I guess you cant consume anything I really said in my original post

If you no longer want to do everything then stop being capable of doing everything.

You sound like you are just sad because your coworkers and sups aren't constantly telling you how awesome you are.

brownrodster

Yea man, I know. I really dont mind helping out, but its the fact that he calls me down from pick off and just tells me to do this or do that, while others can. If he just says "steve come down."..and when I come down ask me if I want to stay or go..that is alot better...then its my choice if I want to bust my butt a little longer by finishing up, but thats not the deal with him...he calls me down, and i end up doing eregs while others go home..I wouldnt mind staying up on pick off until the belt is done for the night because that is my position, its just he calls me down to finish the loaders job and it bugs me sometimes. He is only a supervisor for like 5 months or so, and the sad thing is, he comes to me and asks me where something might go because he hardly knows his own sort :(

Are you sure you want to work for UPS long term? If this gets under your skin then you will surely go totally postal when you become a full time employee. Just do your job.

NY11725

He called me down yesterday but like 10 minutes after, he told me to go home....they are trying to get people off the clock to save money I guess.

NY11725

I think you have answered all your own questions :happy2: I think you are at the point where you either become a supervisor or start forgetting how to do some things.

I dont want to be a sup right now, I enjoy picking off and I want to stay up there for a while, and as for as forgetting things...I could easily forget but they dont forget the fact that I know the whole building.

NY11725

Actually I am sorry but you are wrong....Myself and many have been asked if we would like to stay or go home in the past.based on seniority...when I first starting working at UPS...people around me got to choose while I could not because I was new with no seniority....and no one is saying anything about the union protecting you to go home...my whole post ISNT about the fact that I dont get asked to stay or go home...its about the fact that I was promoted to pick off...and am still getting called down to finish loaders work....

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Too lazy to look it up, but it says something like "seniority will be respected in all matters".
Your right Over, nothing is done without regards to seniority. My steward got into alot of trouble over this. I doubt she will make the same mistake twice. :happy-very: Of course I make sure of it. :surprised:

Seniority shall prevail.

UPSSOCKS

Your right Over, nothing is done without regards to seniority. My steward got into alot of trouble over this. I doubt she will make the same mistake twice. :happy-very: Of course I make sure of it. :surprised:

Seniority shall prevail.

If your steward is a she, then she will......

NY11725

Show me in the contract where it says you have the right to not work!!

I dont know why so many of you are having trouble understanding how UPS works...which is kind of sad considering most fo you are full time and drivers...that gives you more of a reason to know how seniority works and how it doesnt.... they are suppose to ask the ppl with higher seniority if they want to go home or stay...thats how it was explained by many supervisors, so if one isnt doing it the way he should be...he is wrong...simple and plain...

City Driver

I dont know why so many of you are having trouble understanding how UPS works...which is kind of sad considering most fo you are full time and drivers...that gives you more of a reason to know how seniority works and how it doesnt.... they are suppose to ask the ppl with higher seniority if they want to go home or stay...thats how it was explained by many supervisors, so if one isnt doing it the way he should be...he is wrong...simple and plain...

management is suppose to do alot of things, that dont mean they actually do it, and it also dont mean theres anything we can do about it

this union is a joke, this contract is strong but its not followed at all, so whats the point of even having a contract?

i miss overnite

NY11725

management is suppose to do alot of things, that dont mean they actually do it, and it also dont mean theres anything we can do about it

this union is a joke, this contract is strong but its not followed at all, so whats the point of even having a contract?

i miss overnite

lol seems like I always get ****ed, when i started, they were good on seniority, and its like now i have it, and everyone is different..kind of sucks