How do you get paid for option day?

Concretion

I have a full-time supervisor who didn't pay me for my option day, no reason given. When I informed them that I didn't get paid - they stated they forgot., but would submit it for payment. Did not get paid yet again. What do I state to get their attention.
What should I say to get the steward and my supervisor to understand that I applied for and got approved for an option day and that I need my money.
What articles do I reference on my grievance besides Article 17 and Article 22 , Section 7?
I understand that when they pay me late I get additional pay. How do I list that on the grievance. I live in the midwest. Thanks for any help you can provide.

who_better_than_me

And ill piggyback on his thread so i dont have to make a new one..

I called out sick last week, and i didnt get paid with one of OTH days this week on my check. What do i do? Im in the Chesapeake region.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
You era not owed a day. They must be scheduled.

Wrong. You can call in and request to be paid with one of your avalible days.

One of our option days is a negotiated sick day.

Also he's in the Chesapeake region. I think they have 5 sick days.

Last edited:

who_better_than_me

Yeah i actually have 6 sick days and havent used any so far in yhe new calendar year and rarely do. I had 4 unused at the end of 2014. Wheneve i called in sick, they always utilized one of my sick days but this time they didnt

standtall

You can't hurt my feelings, I left them at home.

We need a contract addendum.

clean hairy

File a grievance, hours are missing off your check.
Doesn't matter if it is option day or time worked, you were shorted on your check.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
How to get paid for an option day.

Request the day off in advance, take that day off, receive financial compensation the following week.

Just tell your sup that you were shorted on your check, you NEED the money, and they need to issue you a green check to right the situation. You shouldn't need to greive it

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
If you don't grieve it, they keep stalling and refusing to pay until you finally give up.

No, you keep on them. If no progress is being made, tell them you're giving them one more day and then involving the union.

Like others said though, screw it and leave it in your bank and just take the dead day