How do you spend your lunch break?

CustomerConcern

At a driver breakfast other morning we were discussing how each guy kills that hour, was just curious how the BC world does it.

If I am covering the route I live on, I am probably trolling BC. Otherwise I usually read a book or paper.

Old International

Now driving a Sterling
Since my "lunch" hour is from 1 am to 2 am, or thereabouts, I ............. Wait for it...................a little longer................SLEEP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

over9five

Staff member
Sometimes I can get 30 stops off during my lunch. My sup gives me a pat on the back, he says it really helps his groups stats for the day.

over9five

Staff member
I'm trying to get some of the other guys to do it too. Then UPS could save money by not having to put so many routes in.

I lay down in the back of my truck on a thick piece of cardboard with a towel on is and use a coat and vest folded up as a pillow. Sometimes I sleep and sometimes I talk on the phone and surf the net or check out the brown cafe.

jimstud

Banned
9 lunches out of 10 on the phone with drivers listening to them cry about what this sup said or what that sup did or how many stops or what section of town they have. i can help with quite a few issues but dispatch i have no control over.

rod

Retired 22 years
For quite a few years I spent my lunch break in the breakroom of a small grocery store reading magazines I would grab off the rack when I walked through the store. (some of the mags I just looked at the pictures) :happy2: That ended when the store was bought out by a larger company and they weren't so friendly. In the summer sometimes I used to park under a shade tree at one of the many beaches on my route, change into my swimming trunks (in the back of the package car) and take a refreshing dip in the lake. (the hard part was forcing youself back into your sweaty browns if you didn't bring a change of clothes).