how does a part-time supervisor become a driver?

mrups

I understand part-time supervisors can apply for the 1 in 7 driving positions that are offered to the public.

How does one go about doing this?

I know some of my management team have gone this route on their way up the ladder.

Who do I contact?
Is there a specific spot on upsers that I can go to apply for the position?

I do not want to make my management and part time hr person unhappy while applying for the driving position.

Thank you for the guidance!

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
You are a part time sup but you have NO idea about how one becomes a driver? LMAO

I knew management was clueless, but not THIS much

UPSGUY72

I understand part-time supervisors can apply for the 1 in 7 driving positions that are offered to the public.

It's 1 and 6.

How does one go about doing this?

Talk to your HR person or center manager and see what they say.

I know some of my management team have gone this route on their way up the ladder.

In the past it has happen the rules are changing you can't keep switching sides...

Who do I contact?

Your HR person.

Is there a specific spot on upsers that I can go to apply for the position?

No you already have a management job. You can't apply for a open Union Position you would have to talk to your HR person.

I do not want to make my management and part time hr person unhappy while applying for the driving position.

Just because you want the position doesn't mean you going to get it. There might be other people with experience (ex casuals, or off the street ) people that get the job before you.

Thank you for the guidance!

You could be waiting along time. Longer than it would have taking in you just stayed PT.

pazizu

For a PT supervisor to become a driver you have go through the MAPP process for FT supervisor, pass the initial assessment, pass the IN-BOX test and pass the panel interview with the 3 division managers. If you pass and are qualified for FT management, the you have a chance of getting one of the full time driver spots. A lot will depend on the division manager where you work, they decide if and when supervisors go driving (they generally do not like management employees moving to a non-management position, defeats the purpose of promoting someone to pt management if they have no interest in staying in management).