How Does Medco Know What Drugs I take?

BlackCat

I recently received a letter from Medco stating that I need to start using them in order to avoid higher prescription costs (I use CVS across the street) for my maintenance prescriptions.

Underneath my name they had listed the medication that I currently am taking. My question is this.

How did they get that information? Is there not any patient confidentiality when it comes to prescriptions?

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I recently received a letter from Medco stating that I need to start using them in order to avoid higher prescription costs (I use CVS across the street) for my maintenance prescriptions.

Underneath my name they had listed the medication that I currently am taking. My question is this.

How did they get that information? Is there not any patient confidentiality when it comes to prescriptions?
If you're filling your prescriptions using Medco....they have records of your prescriptions and hence, what types of medication those prescriptions were written for.

T

Turdferguson

Were you wearing your tin foil hat when you turned your prescriptions in at CVS? If not then there is your ansewer.

Sent using BrownCafe App

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right

I got the same letter. The old UPS plan used Medco. Under teamcare they are through cvs caremark. I wonder how much money they wasted mailing those letters out to former customers.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
All meds are online now on a database for doctors to use. Kind of scary, but this is the world we live in now.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
They are already paying for your RX. They pay the claims 2 or 3 times from a retail pharmacy but then they start making you use mail order.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
What kind of perscriptions are you taking?
2014-08-19-02-49-31--1311100328.jpeg