How Does Teamster Support of Illegal Aliens Help Americans?

Yozh69

There is no hidden agenda to this post. I sincerely want to know how the Teamsters plan supporting massive legalization of illegal immigrants helps Americans.

Yozh69

It means the democrats have millions of new voters to vote them in and protect unions.

LOL! Thanks. I was hoping to get a more "party line" response. I mean I see from this site that there *are* a lot of folks who do support the Teamsters. I'm personally convinced illegal immigration hurts middleclass America. I was hoping to hear from folks who may be able to convince me otherwise.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
I mean I see from this site that there *are* a lot of folks who do support the Teamsters.
Pretty much everybody on here is a teamster. You're going to see a lot of support for them.
I was hoping to hear from folks who may be able to convince me otherwise.
I don't think you're going to hear much that opposes your viewpoint. There seems to be a disconnect from between Teamster leadership and your average Teamster.

Yozh69

Pretty much everybody on here is a teamster. You're going to see a lot of support for them.

I don't think you're going to hear much that opposes your viewpoint. There seems to be a disconnect from between Teamster leadership and your average Teamster.

Seems to be typical for every union. The rank and file feels one way and the leadership does another. Perhaps there is no answer.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
There is no hidden agenda to this post. I sincerely want to know how the Teamsters plan supporting massive legalization of illegal immigrants helps Americans.
What a loaded question.
I'm personally convinced illegal immigration hurts middleclass America.
I agree, but supporting immigration reform and a path to citizenship for undocumented workers is not the same as supporting illegal immigration, quite the opposite actually.

Last edited:

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
I agree, but supporting immigration reform and a path to citizenship for undocumented workers is not the same as supporting illegal immigration, quite the opposite actually.
Calling them undocumented workers is a nice was of saying they are illegal immigrants. It's like clean coal. It's a load of crap, but it sounds nicer when you're asking someone how they feel about it.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Calling them undocumented workers is a nice was of saying they are illegal immigrants. It's like clean coal. It's a load of crap, but it sounds nicer when you're asking someone how they feel about it.
I don't care what you call them. I don't believe a human being can be illegal, so I think undocumented is a better descriptor. I have no problem with you calling them whatever you like though.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
I don't care what you call them. I don't believe a human being can be illegal, so I think undocumented is a better descriptor. I have no problem with you calling them whatever you like though.
How about a criminal?

Can a human being be a criminal?

How about calling them CRIMINAL IMMIGRANTS?

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
How about a criminal?

Can a human being be a criminal?

How about calling them CRIMINAL IMMIGRANTS?
It would certainly be a step closer to accurate.
My question to that though is would you refer to every citizen in this country who ever committed a crime in their life as a criminal citizen?
Sounds kind of silly doesn't it?

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
As long they come here to work, bring them on. Start a guest worker program to get them documented and paying into the system and then get them into the union. After 5 years of steady documented employment let them apply for citizenship. I would support making citizenship contingent upon being a union member in good standing.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
It would certainly be a step closer to accurate.
My question to that though is would you refer to every citizen in this country who ever committed a crime in their life as a criminal citizen?
Sounds kind of silly doesn't it?
Only the ones that haven't been PUNISHED for their crimes yet.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Only the ones that haven't been PUNISHED for their crimes yet.
That's an odd way to look at things....
You can't be punished until you've been tried and convicted. Last time I checked innocent until proven guilty was a cornerstone of our legal system. Under your reasoning, people who have merely been accused are already criminals.