How does ups handle driving accedents, ranging from small to large?

Drake L.

I am a driver for averitt and I wanted to go to ups some day when I get more experience. Package driver or feeder seasonal to get my foot in the door. How does ups handle driving mistakes, I heard they will fire you for the smallest thing but I know they have a safety point system of some kind. Could some one enlighten me on this subject?

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I am a driver for averitt and I wanted to go to ups some day when I get more experience. Package driver or feeder seasonal to get my foot in the door. How does ups handle driving mistakes, I heard they will fire you for the smallest thing but I know they have a safety point system of some kind. Could some one enlighten me on this subject?
Not sure UPS would hire an Averitt driver ... y'all drive too aggressively.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
go to the nearest UPS hub or center and contact the human resource office.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Is Averitt a regional carrier? I have never heard of them.
Mainly in the Mid-South and Southeast as an LTL carrier but also as an Express carrier.
Good looking equipment and uniforms.
I assume they are pushed to drive aggressively as almost every driver speeds and follows too close.

Drake L.

Our trucks are governed at 65 there is no way we could drive aggressively lol, I don't at least. I've seen some crazy ass ups tractor trailer drivers on the road and I only been driving for 3 months lol

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Three tier 3's would get you fired in most places.

She was taken out of service but in a rare moment of cooperation the company and union worked together to create a 22.3 just for her. No one else can bid on it and it will be dissolved when she retires. She had 20+ years of service and neither wanted to see that thrown away. Neither wanted to see her behind the wheel of a pkg car ever again.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I assume they are pushed to drive aggressively as almost every driver speeds and follows too close.
Our trucks are governed at 65 there is no way we could drive aggressively lol, I don't at least. I've seen some crazy ass ups tractor trailer drivers on the road and I only been driving for 3 months lol
Good luck on getting a job at UPS and if you do, you will understand what I am talking about.
UPS is very hard on accidents before and after one is hired.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
She was taken out of service but in a rare moment of cooperation the company and union worked together to create a 22.3 just for her. No one else can bid on it and it will be dissolved when she retires. She had 20+ years of service and neither wanted to see that thrown away. Neither wanted to see her behind the wheel of a pkg car ever again.
There you go @trickpony1 - UPS does care about their drivers!

Yep, surprised the crap out of me too!