How does UPS online shipping label pickup work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hello999

Hello guys. I get packages delivered to me all the time, so I decided to give this online pickup a try. I opened a UPS account and printed two labels for rather large packages and scheduled pickup. I've printed both labels. When I opened my account, it didn't ask me for a credit card. It says my shipment has been processed and it says the shipping and pickup charges were charged to my shippers account. How does this work? Do I have to pay the UPS guy up front when he picks up the packages or do they send me a billing invoice after it's been delivered? My shipping charges for the two packages total over $250

Thanks.

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
Great question! Welcome to BrownCafe. My best guess is you will be billed (or CC charged) once the packages have been delivered.

(In before the lock!:yesssmileyf: )

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Hello guys. I get packages delivered to me all the time, so I decided to give this online pickup a try. I opened a UPS account and printed two labels for rather large packages and scheduled pickup. I've printed both labels. When I opened my account, it didn't ask me for a credit card. It says my shipment has been processed and it says the shipping and pickup charges were charged to my shippers account. How does this work? Do I have to pay the UPS guy up front when he picks up the packages or do they send me a billing invoice after it's been delivered? My shipping charges for the two packages total over $250

Thanks.
$250 to ship 2 packages? Jfc

I am going to go out on a limb and say you don't read instructions before doing things. All that would have been explained to you when you set up your account, just as if you had read the instructions on this site you would have seen this is not an official UPS site and we are not here to answer your questions
If you don't know the answer, just say so.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
The driver would prefer if you didn't print any labels. Just call in a pickup and when the driver gets there, be unprepared and clueless.

S

selfcancelsignal

I also enjoy taping up the packages!
This doesn't bother me near as much as when they don't have a ups shipping label. Not sure why the USPS labels & barcodes look so similar to ours. The USPS labels need their red, white, & blue logo on them. Cheap calksuckers. Guess you could say the same about ours. [emoji12]

This doesn't bother me near as much as when they don't have a ups shipping label. Not sure why the USPS labels & barcodes look so similar to ours. The USPS labels need their red, white, & blue logo on them. Cheap calksuckers. Guess you could say the same about ours. [emoji12]
That happens all of the time. Then they don't believe you when you say,I can't take that package.

upschuck

Commercial interruption

You now have an account number and will be billed the weekend after the packages get delivered.

Back to your regular programming.

Status
Not open for further replies.