How does UPS protect its revenue and profits from the following events...

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by The Driver, Aug 7, 2018.

1. The Driver

The Driver I drive.

How does UPS protect its revenue and profits from the following events...

• ...shippers who may re-use tracking numbers on different days?​
    • ...shippers who use the same label on multiple packages?​
    • ...shippers who falsify package weights?​
    I'm asking because I've always been curious about this.

So, anyone know if there are systems in place to protect the company from lost revenue from these sorts of things?

2. MECH-lift

MECH-lift Union Brother

I noticed with the diad update if you scan the same box it asks if it’s a rescan or duplicate label.

3. The Driver

The Driver I drive.

I was going to bring that up. Yesterday I had three pieces for Target for one address... same tracking for all three.

I hit the duplicate soft key instead of rescan... Nothing happened. Weird?

4. MECH-lift

MECH-lift Union Brother

That’s usually what happens when ups comes up with a new idea , lol

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. Turdferguson

Turdferguson Just a turd

In the hubs they have dimension weight scanners that all packages go through that give correct weight and dimensions on packages. Also the revenue auditors are supposed to catch those.
    With the other two I would hope and assume that they have programs that keep track of those type of things

6. TheBrownNote

TheBrownNote Good thing I wore my brown pants

In the Diad, after you hit duplicate label, it makes a note somewhere in the great ups void that there is a duplicate label. You then have to manually put the dup label into the board.

7. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

By hiring 22.4 drivers.

8. DumbTruckDriver

DumbTruckDriver Allergic to cardboard.

I just manually enter it in, just like before, and put “duplicate” in the comments.

9. walk the jewels

walk the jewels just driving around in circles

Enter shipper # and 3 digit weight for duplicates.

10. DumbTruckDriver

DumbTruckDriver Allergic to cardboard.

I was taught to use the shipper number and the last three digits of the tracking number.

11. Poop Head

Poop Head Lovin' every minute of it!

They get charged for the duplicate lable. Had a customer who would always get 10 or so nda letters, but only 2 or three different lables. A few days of hitting the dup lable button, and suddenly every piece has its own lable.

12. Been In Brown Too Long

Been In Brown Too Long Ex-Package Donkey

I always jokingly told customers that if identical tracking numbers were used, that meant one of those boxes was for me. Tracking will show you signed for box 1Zxxxxxxxxx. Try filing a claim on 10 packages using the same tracking label.

That kinda scared them straight.

13. zubenelgenubi

zubenelgenubi Well-Known Member

When I sorted smalls I would fill a cart with packages that said 8 lbs or less, but were over. The clerk would weigh them and write "Attention revenue auditor" on the box. That started hurting pph, though, so it stopped.

14. purehavanne

purehavanne Active Member

The flaw with the diad update is it no longer shows you which number package you scanned twice. Sometimes we need it at bulk stops.

15. Wally

Wally BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

Whata' buzz kill.