How does UPS stay in business?

DrZoidburg

Seriously?! I have a package enroute to me from Louisiana to Virginia. It was shipped to me on the afternoon of the 30th. I also shipped out a package from Virginia to Nebraska on the same day, but I used USPS Priority Mail. The price to ship the package via Ground on UPS was considerably more than the Priority Mail package I sent to NE ($9 USPS vs $14 UPS for a similar size/weight package). The package I mailed on the 30th is now in NE out for delivery. The package mailed to me from LA has been stuck in Memphis since the 31st and isn't due to be delivered to me until Monday the 6th. WHAT?! 8 days to ship a package 1000 miles? WOW! The USPS beat UPS by 5 days! Never again will I use UPS to ship a package. Seems the news media was spot on! UPS is a poorly run company. I will post this story everywhere I can. Ridiculous!

A

anonymous6

USPS is ten times more poorly run than UPS. you can't judge a co. by ONE package. come on.....be fair.

oldngray

nowhere special
main-troll.jpg

rod

Retired 22 years
Be patient Dr. Roid---your golf clubs will be her soon. This experience is payback for all the time you have made your patients wait in some little room stripped down to their underwear while you are next door flirting with some 20 year old nurse and having a cup of coffee.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
DUDE...I'll bitch wherever I want to. If UPS workers read this forum then this is where it needs to be.. Dude...
True.
This is a bitching site so if it makes you feel better, go for it.

My wife and I have a business and we never use UPS either so I understand your point.
The USPS is cheaper and usually faster unless the package is over 18 pounds.
Big shippers get a big discount so UPS is probably cheaper than USPS for them.
Have a good life and come back when you want to vent again.

blkmamba

Considering USPS is on the verge of bankruptcy and UPS makes billions, I think UPS is doing fine. Yes, there are hiccups here and there as in our package. If you think the world leader in the shipping industry will be perfect every time then your IQ should be checked. I guarantee you that in your line of work you make mistakes all the time.