How dumb is your management team?

Broke

Until about January we were very understaffed. Now they've hired about 5 couriers and they don't do anything but first overnight deliveries or help out on the reload. Full time couriers are having lates while the newbies are on their 8 hour break waiting to do reload. We have couriers who can't use a personal or floater because management says no one can cover their route. They are constantly sending swing drivers home while regular couriers can't get any time off and they'll send them home while we have lates.

DOWNTRODDEN IN TEXAS

Until about January we were very understaffed. Now they've hired about 5 couriers and they don't do anything but first overnight deliveries or help out on the reload. Full time couriers are having lates while the newbies are on their 8 hour break waiting to do reload. We have couriers who can't use a personal or floater because management says no one can cover their route. They are constantly sending swing drivers home while regular couriers can't get any time off and they'll send them home while we have lates.

Wow...just wow. That literally is the most ignorant thing I have heard in 16 years of hearing this crap.

!Retired!

We have couriers who can't use a personal or floater because management says no one can cover their route.
Floaters are one thing. But, they can't stop you from taking personal days. When they ask why you need off, answer is 'Its personal'

Doc Sorting Dude

Our management are like the Keystone Kops. One person will tell you to do something while another manager will take you away to help his/her group. Once during a morning sort I caught two managers yelling at each other between the inbound containers of how the sort should be run; funny as hell. We also have a SM who critiques everything on the sort and is constantly on the morning sort telling onloaders or doc sorters "We have only 10 more minutes!" Lets Go! Lets Go!.. we just ignore him.

ManInBrown

It's totally mind blowing that every day it's work harder,more productive,faster,RTB quicker. All the while no raise and laughing at us and kicking dirt in our face. LOL. They are totally delusional.

vantexan

Floaters are one thing. But, they can't stop you from taking personal days. When they ask why you need off, answer is 'Its personal'

A senior courier at last station literally had district director on speed dial. Called him enough that director came down and jumped all over senior mgr. If local management isn't allowing personal days then at the very least people should call HR until the issue is addressed.

Last edited:

Broke

I often wonder where they find these weak minded clowns. They are all very delusional and or brainwashed. It's almost like they accept people who are down on their luck or haven't had any role models in life. Then fedex promises them the moon and smith becomes an idol. Our managers eat, sleep, and breathe FedEx.

vantexan

I often wonder where they find these weak minded clowns. They are all very delusional and or brainwashed. It's almost like they accept people who are down on their luck or haven't had any role models in life. Then fedex promises them the moon and smith becomes an idol. Our managers eat, sleep, and breathe FedEx.

Actually they, for the most part, get into it because it pays better. Not worth it to me but then most mgrs I've known can't stand courier work.

Broke

We have one manager that walks the belt clapping his hands and spouting out how great fedex is.. He likes to remind us Fred is putting food on our table.

overflowed

We have one manager that walks the belt clapping his hands and spouting out how great fedex is.. He likes to remind us Fred is putting food on our table.

I hope you're joking. If that was going on at my station the belt would mysteriously keep stopping.