How far would you go to repair UPS equipment as a non-mechanic?

UPSGUY72

. Could careless what is approved by management Again in this world full of law suits I am not putting myself in a position of a law suit by fixing anything that I am not trained nor paid to do.

I would have an issue if mechanics were shuttling out work when they went out on area to do repairs. U aren't looking at the big picture. If we all did these types of repairs we would certainly be taking work away from a mechanic. Antiquated or not. Good or bad. This is what we are. Union. Until that changes I will follow to the best of my ability.

Those Hostess employees(former) said the the very same thing......I guess it could be called "Former Brown Cafe". Yeah, my view is very limited........unlike yours......true?

One of the unions associated with hostess wouldn't agree to concessions and it wasn't the teamsters.

Hostess is in bankruptcy for the second time in less then ten years. The other union decided to play chicken on a freeway and got ran over.

lazydriver

It's not legal unless qualified to do brake repairs on commercial vehicles. When I have been put out of service for faulty brakes, I wait at the weigh station til a mechanic arrives. Here is FMCSA section.

(c) No motor carrier or intermodal equipment provider may require or permit any employee who does not meet the minimum brake inspector qualifications of paragraph (d) of this section to be responsible for the inspection, maintenance, service or repairs of any brakes on its commercial motor vehicles.
(d) The motor carrier or intermodal equipment provider must ensure that each brake inspector is qualified as follows:
(1) Understands the brake service or inspection task to be accomplished and can perform that task; and
(2) Is knowledgeable of and has mastered the methods, procedures, tools and equipment used when performing an assigned brake service or inspection task; and
(3) Is capable of performing the assigned brake service or inspection by reason of experience, training, or both as follows:
(i) Has successfully completed an apprenticeship program sponsored by a State, a Canadian Province, a Federal agency or a labor union, or a training program approved by a State, Provincial or Federal agency, or has a certificate from a State or Canadian Province that qualifies the person to perform the assigned brake service or inspection task (including passage of Commercial Driver's License air brake tests in the case of a brake inspection); or
(ii) Has brake-related training or experience or a combination thereof totaling at least one year. Such training or experience may consist of:

Nimnim

The Nim
Minor things that are very simple like changing a bulb, I'd have no trouble doing. Beyond that it's going to depend on what it takes, and probably would require tools which I keep in my personal vehicle not in a PC/feeder.

feeder05

Glad to see you guys going the extra mile to get the job done. I only hope you are not jeopardizing the safety of your self or the general public. We had a driver last peak severely injure his helper, big law suit coming, because he called the center to tell them he had a loud warning buzzer on all day. They told him to keep going. He eventually had a roll away that injured the helper, the helper will never be the same again. Remember, we only deliver packages, it's not going to make or break a company if we do not always get the job done.