How Hard is it really?

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
The number should be 270 the first hour and 220 the rest of the night. I dont understand how these people expect you to work at those large rates and not get hurt, quit or getting written up or fired all the time. If so, they are pushing people way too hard each and every day of the week. All in all its not out right a false statement. I can see some over zealous fulltime stupervisor more worried about numbers, bonus and heat from above to give a damn about people.

If they are giving you heat for numbers, demand a steward to talk to. They will, or should, agree that its harassment over production.

Rallyguy

I know people are going to disagree and get mad when I say this, but this is the most idiotic post I have read on here. It is not in the best interest to work as slow as possible without getting in trouble that is border-line sabotage. You work at an adequate pace and the pace that UPS has established is not rigorous, I mean come on 240 pph. That breaks down to 4 boxes a minute or one every 15 seconds. As a supervisor it is employees that go out of their way to work slow that piss everyone off (not related to drivers, have no idea how your side works). And when an employee factors in benefits you are receiving quite a decent compensation package, so to say you don't make that much money is stupid. Personally, I really hate people who come to work and don't want to put in a decent effort and I am not saying you have to load 400 pph but to say to go as slow as possible without getting in trouble makes you look like a real winner.

Do you know how Production is calculated?

Its a simple formula. Take last quarters production and add a percentage gain to that. Its up to the district manger how he/she wants each division to perform. But all divisions must roll up to that district number. Then all the buildings in a division have to roll up to that division number. Then all sorts to that building number.

This number keeps going up.

Working super hard only makes work harder next year. The production requirement is never going to go down. They are not going to ask for 128 this year and 125 next. As a loader it is in your best interest to work slower and a lower overall PPH number = more employees or more hours.

Note: I was never a loader/Unloader. I was in management as a ft sup. I left about 6 months ago

Rallyguy

Rallyguy , I have loaded & unload feeders , air cans , and PC's .
I have operated just about every vehicle UPS has used in the last 30 yrs. { many which are no longer in service }. I have worked twilight, midnight, and preload in several different buildings .
And you ask such a strange question , let me give you some advice , come back and start this thread again after you have walked in my shoes .

So if you were offered a 10k bonus to hit the numbers in my original post for 1 day, would you be able to?

H

htown0721

Do you know how Production is calculated?

Its a simple formula. Take last quarters production and add a percentage gain to that. Its up to the district manger how he/she wants each division to perform. But all divisions must roll up to that district number. Then all the buildings in a division have to roll up to that division number. Then all sorts to that building number.

This number keeps going up.

Working super hard only makes work harder next year. The production requirement is never going to go down. They are not going to ask for 128 this year and 125 next. As a loader it is in your best interest to work slower and a lower overall PPH number = more employees or more hours.

Note: I was never a loader/Unloader. I was in management as a ft sup. I left about 6 months ago

I have been at UPS for three years and never once have I seen the pph increase I don't think 240 pph to load into a trailer is hard to obtain at all

rudy5150

Loading 300pph is easy for me but I have been here awhile its not for every one. I normally load 350 or so but that first hour I recently been hitting 500 just to see how high I can get ups loading has to be a personal challenge most people I have found have no competitive drive

Thats scab talk right there. Must wear his cape to work everyday!

kingOFchester

I can't speak for loaders and unloaders. People ask me all the time, as a driver, how hard is it. All I say is, get in and out of your car 150 times a day. When that is doable, start adding boxes to that.
Same thing I tell people. But I tell them to take 6 decks of cards, throw them all over the back seat in no order, when you get out hunt for a specific card. repeat 150 to 200 times a day.

kingOFchester

Getting in and out of a package car does a little more to your knees than getting in out of your sedan.

red.jpg
red.jpg

Dragon

Package Center Manager
I work at a pace i feel my body can maintain for the next 25-30 years. You keep smokin it man they will do everything they can to let u go as soon as you get hurt and are a liability.

can you name a company that would keep you on the payroll if you cannot do the job?

menotyou

bella amicizia
can you name a company that would keep you on the payroll if you cannot do the job?
Dogbert: "Reality is always controlled by the people who are most insane."
"What luck for rulers that men do not think."
Adolf Hitler

We are not pieces of scrap that UPS can use and abuse and then throw away.