How hard is the seasonal helper job, really?

Serious question. I'm not here to get kicked in the teeth or belittled. I'm in my early 40's, trying to switch careers. I went back to school and have a degree but can't seem to find an opening position in my field "IT", not that I'm really interested in that, but I was too far into my program to switch directions...

Anyways, I've had some health problems and am finally back on my feet. I have lost close to 80 pounds from my heaviest "350" now 270 and dropping.

I went to the meeting for a driving job but was told that job was no longer available and offered a seasonal helper job instead. It pays $15 an hour. I'm not scared of walking the miles but I'm more worried I might not be fast enough and end up annoying the drivers etc... I should mention I still have an abdominal hernia, although I'm so used to it I hardly even think of it.

So is this job something I should try? Maybe it will be good for me to be more physically active, maybe it will lead to a driver job.... or am I setting myself up for failure?

The manager lady said something about needing to fit in the seatbelt and I swear looked at me when she said it. Maybe that was my imagination but still, that would be awful embarrassing to get fired because I cant buckel up.

Is it also true that you can't have a goatee, only a mustache?

Ok, thanks for any honest advice.

Mr.nobody

Its hard, lots of cardio. You dont walk, you run. You are in the elements. You hold your piss and :censored2: in, until the driver is ready to use the restroom. You will annoy the driver if you are slow. But that being said the driver will still have you then to not have a helper at all.

Serious question. I'm not here to get kicked in the teeth or belittled. I'm in my early 40's, trying to switch careers. I went back to school and have a degree but can't seem to find an opening position in my field "IT", not that I'm really interested in that, but I was too far into my program to switch directions...

Anyways, I've had some health problems and am finally back on my feet. I have lost close to 80 pounds from my heaviest "350" now 270 and dropping.

I went to the meeting for a driving job but was told that job was no longer available and offered a seasonal helper job instead. It pays $15 an hour. I'm not scared of walking the miles but I'm more worried I might not be fast enough and end up annoying the drivers etc... I should mention I still have an abdominal hernia, although I'm so used to it I hardly even think of it.

So is this job something I should try? Maybe it will be good for me to be more physically active, maybe it will lead to a driver job.... or am I setting myself up for failure?

The manager lady said something about needing to fit in the seatbelt and I swear looked at me when she said it. Maybe that was my imagination but still, that would be awful embarrassing to get fired because I cant buckel up.

It is a young man's job.

By The Book

Yes, only a mustache, neatly trimmed not going past the corners of your mouth. Neatly shaven also. Good job on losing the weight. I think you'll be able to buckle up, they are shoulder style seat belts. If you had to mention that you might not walk fast enough, you probably will be a bit slow.

Its hard, lots of cardio. You dont walk, you run. You are in the elements. You hold your piss and :censored2: in, until the driver is ready to use the restroom. You will annoy the driver if you are slow. But that being said the driver will still have you then to not have a helper at all.
It's possible to walk really really fast. You run, you catch your foot on that raised chunk of side walk, fall, break a wrist, crack a rib. And forget it it the dark running! But the rest was right on the money!

Turdferguson

Just a turd

Do you have a colostomy bag and a walker too?

I know it sounds superficial but shaving my goatee off for a couple weeks employment sounds really humiliating. I would love to have a full time drivers job but that sounds pretty far fetched and unlikely to happen. Back to the drawing board.
Thanks for the help

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Any manager worth his or her salt would have walked you over to a pkg car and strapped you in to the jump seat.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I know it sounds superficial but shaving my goatee off for a couple weeks employment sounds really humiliating. I would love to have a full time drivers job but that sounds pretty far fetched and unlikely to happen. Back to the drawing board.
Thanks for the help
If you need the money....Why is shaving such a big deal? It'll grow back.