How inflated is your senior managers ego?

Our SM reminds me of Al Bundy from Married With Children. I have to get on my soapbox here--Ladies! Do not speak to, date, sleep with, or marry a hopelessly substandard male. Above all, do not have his children! Do not feel sorry for him. He deserves no pity. Don't encourage him with the slightest of smiles. He shouldn't exist, so treat him that way. If he can't catch an introspective clue, then let him die alone; let his shoddy genes be lost forever. This is not cruelty--this is quality control. As Louise told Thelma, "You get what you settle for." Be smart and start choosing quality mates.

Courage and Common Sense-Proven Tools for Chronic Problems

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
I see mine about 40% of the mornings and PMs.
I like him, never did me wrong, and I've known him for years.

vantexan

Our SM reminds me of Al Bundy from Married With Children. I have to get on my soapbox here--Ladies! Do not speak to, date, sleep with, or marry a hopelessly substandard male. Above all, do not have his children! Do not feel sorry for him. He deserves no pity. Don't encourage him with the slightest of smiles. He shouldn't exist, so treat him that way. If he can't catch an introspective clue, then let him die alone; let his shoddy genes be lost forever. This is not cruelty--this is quality control. As Louise told Thelma, "You get what you settle for." Be smart and start choosing quality mates.

Courage and Common Sense-Proven Tools for Chronic Problems

I guess I'm SOL then...

snackdad

Our Senior manager looks like Alice Cooper and she thinks she is the smartest woman to walk the planet despite only having a high school education. She gets mighty defensive when someone talks about their educational achievements.
​ Perfect fit for FedEx though, does what ever upper management wants despite the fact she ruins peoples days and lives regularly. I hear she is trying to take a buyout. Don't let the door hit you on the way out. Karma will someday get this one, of that I am sure.

bbsam

Staff member
Our Senior manager looks like Alice Cooper and she thinks she is the smartest woman to walk the planet despite only having a high school education. She gets mighty defensive when someone talks about their educational achievements.
​ Perfect fit for FedEx though, does what ever upper management wants despite the fact she ruins peoples days and lives regularly. I hear she is trying to take a buyout. Don't let the door hit you on the way out. Karma will someday get this one, of that I am sure.
What did you do with your high school education?

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
I have known a lot of smart people who have no education beyond high school. Conversely, I've also known quite a fair number of people with college degrees who don't seem to possess a lick of sense whatsoever.

A college degree does not necessarily a smart-person make. In some cases it only makes for an educated idiot.

CJinx

I don't think the senior manager of my station is an egomaniac. He gets along well with all the employees and ISPs, doesn't mind getting his hands dirty and will come in on his days off if he is needed. Then again, this is a small "stepping stone" station; I know he intends to go places in this company and will probably promote out of the station at the earliest opportunity. He isn't corrupt(yet) but isn't above bending the rules.

hypo hanna

Just like ops mgrs, couriers, sales reps, butchers, bakers, cops, ditch diggers... There are going to be good ones and bad ones. I do think that the more people oriented managers are being pushed out in favor of the ones that focus on the numbers.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I have known a lot of smart people who have no education beyond high school. Conversely, I've also known quite a fair number of people with college degrees who don't seem to possess a lick of sense whatsoever.

A college degree does not necessarily a smart-person make. In some cases it only makes for an educated idiot.

I think most smart seniors have figured out long ago that FedEx is a pyramid of lies and deceptions. In order to succeed in this type of environment, one adapts, and in this case, becoming a major liar and teller of half-truths is Darwin's Law at work.

I've seen a lot of highly educated seniors come and go. The brightest leave for greener pastures and usually do well, and those without degrees tend to stay, because their lack of a degree will hold them back elsewhere. Very few companies will hire someone without at least a 4-year degree, at least someone coming-in from outside of the organization.

These folks tend to be the abusers, because they got where they are by building alliances that will protect them, lying whenever it suits the needs of the company, and forgetting personal ethics and moral responsibility.

Success at FedEx means doing bad things...simple.