How is over under timed?

BigGuy2732

They take that time your wife was having contractions at the 5th hour, and you had to be done as fast as you possibly could, so you finish at 4:30 and they go, "yep. that's the allotted time!"

Karma...

that would also be considered M.A.R...aka. Minimum Acceptable Requirement...so the idea is to beat your best performance very time....This applies to every job done by hourly people at ups.....The idea is to constantly improve....This applies to management in the sense that if you are say a pt supervisor and your predecessor ran the area with 8 people you will be expected to run it with 7 then 6.....its a circle chase with no end...darwinism in action...

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
that would also be considered M.A.R...aka. Minimum Acceptable Requirement...so the idea is to beat your best performance very time....This applies to every job done by hourly people at ups.....The idea is to constantly improve....This applies to management in the sense that if you are say a pt supervisor and your predecessor ran the area with 8 people you will be expected to run it with 7 then 6.....its a circle chase with no end...darwinism in action...
And that’s one of the main reasons this place is so toxic with extremely high turnover rates both in management & hourly.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Magic.
I like to calculate preload or delivery rate after subtracting breaks and lunches and pcm and lbt and you realize it is already pretty damn fast

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I vaguely remember. If you got out of building late, for no fault of your own, you eat the extra time. If the pcm went over 3 minutes, you eat it on the road. If you fight a foot of snow all day, same time allowance as a bright sunshiny day. It all goes into your over under...If you have to wait for a dock, Or you have to dolly 30 boxes of computer paper, same allowance as 30 envelopes. Because it is all figured in. Stuck in traffic, yup you eat it, this is what they use to make you run all day, and you will still be late, and if you are not, they will just give you more. Stuff nightmares are made of.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
We have time studies so wacked, even the time study people can't figure it out.
My last time study was thrown out because it was so bad. The head of the group that did it was called in to go over it, as my whole loops was running "late" Me the worst, of course. He told my center manager in front of me, that it is so screwed, and didnt use the word screwed, yet they still tried to hold me to it. Place sucks.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Oh yes, and sporh (stops per on rd hour) begin when you leave bldg time, and when you return to building, and the driving time is all figured in. They made me go through a city with 12 traffic lights, instead of jumping on the freeway and being on route in 7 minutes, to save a mile. Love orion. I only know this stuff because at one time I actually cared. And was trying to figure out what I was doing wrong. I was wrong to care, because they dont.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Everyone starts with an hour over allowed the second they punch in. This way you can only bonus if you ignore all the methods, because safety.

Appvol

Its a bunch of BS on a piece of paper. At my center some routes that were always over really bad the supervisors worked on the routes and now they run scratch or barely over. They can do whatever they want to with routes.