How is your Christmas in July going?

onehandsolo

My mostly residential route has been really heavy in part to QVC Walmart and other companies offering deals in July. The big surprise is the amount of packages I deliver from Walmart. There was a time where they did there best to avoid Union labor. Honestly assuming if we could match fed ex rates they be better of using a company that pays more and in turn those people have more money to spend in your store or online.

chris9834

Man I have put in more hrs this summer then I did in peak season its seriously sad when you count you dot hrs every week and day. They keep saying its a staffing issue in my bldg.

reginald95

In my center all the vacations and 9.5 drivers area really making it hard on everyone. Today my last delivery was close to 9 and ended up punching out after 10.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
I worked eight hours yesterday, however had I been inside of a burning hot package car, it would have been 10-12. Volume has been pretty average in our hub, however staffing and cut routes ruins any chance of a decent, normal day.

"peak" feel with normal volume...The New UPS.

dirtdog

Guys in my building are sheeting packages missed, because they can't get done under 12 hours. Happens almost every day. Management knows the dispatch is way too heavy, and doesn't care.

bham brown

In my center all the vacations and 9.5 drivers area really making it hard on everyone. Today my last delivery was close to 9 and ended up punching out after 10.

How are the 9.5 guys making it hard on you? Man up and join them on the list and you won't be working so much OT.. Or at least you will be paid well if you do..

reginald95

How are the 9.5 guys making it hard on you? Man up and join them on the list and you won't be working so much OT.. Or at least you will be paid well if you do..

All the work they take off their route is given to lower seniority drivers i.e. Me.

Most of the 9.5 guys are clowns who are playing the system. I've seen guys with empty trucks in the morning on the 9.5 list and still punch out at 9.49. If they get an honest days work of 9.5 they'll do 11-12 hours just to "show them." Can't wait for these guys to retire.

Whatbrownwontdoforyou

All the work they take off their route is given to lower seniority drivers i.e. Me.

Most of the 9.5 guys are clowns who are playing the system. I've seen guys with empty trucks in the morning on the 9.5 list and still punch out at 9.49. If they get an honest days work of 9.5 they'll do 11-12 hours just to "show them." Can't wait for these guys to retire.
By running and gunning you will probably be gone before them with either accidents injuries or dishonesty discharges for trying to get done fast

bham brown

So, are you scared to get on the list? Are you a runner who is afraid that if you get on the list they will come watch you and see that you're not following the methods? You can moan and groan about you getting extra work till the cows come home.. Bottom line is you're gonna keep getting it till you decide to do something about it, i.e get on the 9.5 list. It's up to you, UPS is giving you the extra work, not the drivers on the list..

dirtdog

9.5 list has done wonders for me. In my building, guys complain that the union does nothing for them, but will not sign up on the 9.5 list. Doesn't make any sense.

sigreq

My mostly residential route has been really heavy in part to QVC Walmart and other companies offering deals in July. The big surprise is the amount of packages I deliver from Walmart. There was a time where they did there best to avoid Union labor. Honestly assuming if we could match fed ex rates they be better of using a company that pays more and in turn those people have more money to spend in your store or online.

I notice all the walmart pkgs too. I know we lost that contract a couple years ago, but as time goes on I see more and more of them.